For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fredziffel's profile

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

Tuesday, August 29th, 2017 10:22 PM

U verse television going away

I was in Sam's Club a couple of days ago and the Direct TV vultures ( sales reps ) approached me as they always do when I go to Sam's. I gave them my standard response that I am a retiree of AT&T and already receive a discount on Uverse television. HOWEVER ! This time the rep said they had received information that very morning that Uverse television is going away the first of 2018. That caught my attention so I went back and talked to him , he was adamant that  Uverse was going away even after I questioned him repeatedly.

My question is this : IS Uverse going away ? If it is why have the customers not been notified ?

If Uverse IS NOT going away, who can I contact with AT&T to let them know the contractors they have hired to sell Direct television are lying to people ?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

My question is this : IS Uverse going away ? If it is why have the customers not been notified ?

If Uverse IS NOT going away, who can I contact with AT&T to let them know the contractors they have hired to sell Direct television are lying to people ?

This question has come up so many times in these forums.  Just search for similar threads.  And it's almost always the result of DTV resellers in stores repeating the same old sales pitch.

UVerse is not going away any time soon.  The "name" might be changed, the equipment might change to some common form for both DTV and Uverse, but the uverse forms of delivery (IPTV) are not going away.  That's why you haven't been contacted.  And given the number of posts on this subject by now you can be certain ATT knows what's going on.  Obviously they don't care.  The more folks ATT can convince to go over to DTV the better.   After all they need to justify the expense of buying DTV to their shareholders!

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply. Sadly I agree, at&t does not care , my entire development went to Verizon because at&t had such a lousy signal and there was no one I could contact.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.