For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
RileyMurphy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 2:43 PM

Picture Screen goes Gray & coding shows up

16023043-51CC-42A1-9433-162C9FF00B67.jpeg

EE66B0DC-88F3-46A2-A63A-155ED1CC3789.jpeg

2B8BF895-0DCD-4B16-B33D-7DA6A242BE67.jpegEvery hour this or similar pops up

No matter what time the tv is turned on, every hour there after this screen pops up. The tv screen just goes gray and this or something very similar shows up. We shut everything off and then the tv works again for an hour. This happens either watching live tv or dvr. We have done everything from resetting to rebooting the wireless box modem etc. we just received a new wireless cable box and it is still happening. It only happens on one tv. The other 2 are fine. Called customer service numerous times but they can’t help and no way to send them this picture. Very hard to explain the issue on the phone without seeing this picture above. 

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Hard to believe the uverse equipment is doing that, particularly if you say you replaced the box on that one tv and it only happens on that one tv.  That makes me suspect it's the tv itself, assuming it's a "smart" tv.  Is it?  If so, "reboot" the tv (pull the plug I guess). 

Another reason I suspect the tv is that data you show contains URL's (web links).  I can't think of any reason the uverse software would need web links.  Check your tv user manual.  If the tv has a manufacturer support contact call them for advice.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yes it’s a Sony 4K Smart LED TV. Less than 2 years old. I was looking at the tv menu last night to see if the software was up to date and it was. I will unplug it tonight and see if that works, if not I will reach out to Sony. 

Thank you very much for your assistance, it’s a crazy thing. I will keep you updated. 

Thanks again

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I'm curious, what did you find out?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Just got home from work. Have not tried anything as of yet. I replied to your other post. I will keep you updated. 

Thanks again. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Tried unplugging did not work. So I went in and did a Factory Reset, so far so good. Keeping fingers crossed. 

So so I guess it was not U-verse. 

Thanks again

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.