For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Lloydsmi7's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 16th, 2017 9:41 AM

Lost Channels - March 2017

Why should I have to lose the channels that I'm paying for service we need to get this worked out so that we can go back to watching and just some of the program that we were watching

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jzak419 wrote:

This is not a solution. During previous negotiations between AT&T and Raycom, all programming was air

And you can ask Raycom why they decided to play hard ball and pull consent during negotiations.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

@TracyScavone wrote:
Do you have an answer for all of the customers about the restoration of these channels? We are still paying for the removed channels, channels which our contracts stated we would have in our lineup.

The answer is that the station will show when Raycom decides to allow it to.  Your contracts do not include any particular list of stations.  A list of the then-current channel list may have been provided to you, but it was only that: then-current.  AT&T cannot replace the missing station with another due to FCC rules, which is why Raycom is playing hard ball to your detriment.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

There was no list of channels in your agreement.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Lowell1 wrote:
Two things you can do regardless of which TV station you are missing on uverse. Write to the TV station. Address you comments to the station management and put in writing that you want your letter put in the public file.
Every broadcaster has to maintain a “public file” which can be reviewed by ANYONE during business hours. The FCC also reviews this file when it is license renewal time – which every broadcast station has to do every few years.

The second thing you can do is write the FCC, don’t expect a response but be sure to include details about the station you are writing about. Call letters, address and market. Be sure to tell them you have contacted the station management and when and how.

None of this may work but if enough people do it, it will get the station management’s attention.

You can complain to the FCC about AT&T too, but that will have less affect than writing about the station.

Another tactic: if you remember any regular advertisers on the station, call them and let them know you can no longer view their commercials on that channel.  They should be requesting discounted rates for their commercials because there are fewer eyeballs seeing them.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So angry...my favorite station! We will have to look for a new provider.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Me TOO
..I AM SO ANGRY!!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I want to know why AT&T has all of a sudden dropped our local channel for CBS in Baton Rouge (WAFB).  We watch CBS almost exclusively for both national and local shows.  Raycom is blaming you and you are blaming Raycom.  Why has this channel been removed and will it be restored?  I want to know because if you cannot support our local channels then we will no longer support you and will change back to COX, and will campaign to encourage all of our friends who we convinced to change to AT&T several years ago to switch back.....plus some!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

Make sure you check with Cox first to see when their re-transmit agreement with Raycom runs out.  Wouldn't want to have to switch back for the same reason when Raycom decides to pull a fast one again.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

WOW...what I find crazy is if you call ATT Uverse to complain, their customer service tries to get you to convert to direct TV, who they just merged with!!! There should be a law against that type behavior......no wonder!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

On Sunday, March 19, UVERSE deleted Fox Channel 8 from my viewing list.  My contract is with YOU.  I pay my bil, in full, every month and on time.  You want me and thousands of customers to

pressure Fox to come to terms with you.  That is not our job.  You, and you alone are responsible 

for dealing with tv networks.  Each month I receive a bill for $232.25 for cable, internet & telephone.

Nowhere on the bill is a listing for "NEgotiating with Vendors"

i would appreciate you taking care of this matter in a timely manner.  I also expect my bill to reflect 

the missing Fox days.

Sincerely

Leslie  

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.