For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have tried to access tvpromise and it does not work.  I put in my area code and state and it will not access the information.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

4 years ago

@MsPacman wrote:
I have tried to access tvpromise and it does not work.  I put in my area code and state and it will not access the information.

You do not put in area code or state. All you need is your zip code.

In case you are somehow going to the wrong page, or it is loading wrong for you, what is your zip code?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I mis-spoke it was my zip code not area code. My zip code is 48601

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

48601 is Saginaw, Michigan.  

The NBC station in Saginaw is WEYI. 

WEYI is owned and operated by Howard Stirk Holdings.

As of Thursday, September 5th, we have no update on the negotiations between Howard Stirk Holdings and AT&T/DirecTV. (from the WEYI website)

google-is-your-friend.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

4 years ago

@MsPacman wrote:
I mis-spoke it was my zip code not area code. My zip code is 48601

The search button for negotiations on the page appears to be broken. Probably an aftereffect from the recent website updates over the last week I have noticed.

WEYI-TV, virtual channel 25 (UHF digital channel 18), branded on-air as NBC 25, is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Saginaw, Michigan, United States and serving the Flint/Tri-Cities television market. Owned by Howard Stirk Holdings, it is operated under a shared services agreement (SSA) by the Sinclair Broadcast Group

So your NBC is owned by Howard Stirk Holdings, a partner of Sinclair Broadcast Group. That is still a current negotiation unfortunately. But though a similar situation, it has nothing to do with Nexstar as those are different companies. And it seems thought the two affiliate owners (Stirk and Sinclair) are partners, they have separate agreements with DirecTV. So a resolution with one does not necessarily mean they are finished negotiating with the other.

In the meantime, I would suggest using a regular local antenna to get the free broadcasts in range. May even get additional sub-channels DirecTV doesn't carry. Just a backup option as DirecTV cannot force your NBC affiliate owner to return the feed.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I feel your pain. A la carte tv is what is needed. Love to see a
satellite provider with a base charge and so much for each channel.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

4 years ago

And what happens when the base charge for each channel is $10 each? The $109 you might pay now for 370+ channels will become 10 channels and you'll be complaining about how much better it was in the old days when you got hundreds of channels for the same price.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I would take 10 good channels any day in place of the CRAP they give us now. For the price I pay I get to watch shows that are 50 years old. Who cares if they give you 300 or 400 channels ( most are Hispanic and music) I have a radio if I want to hear music and I am not Hispanic.  All I ask is for my local channels NBC, CBS, ABC, to name a few. Antennas do me no good as I have bought the best only to have to return them because I live in the country.  I want what I was promised when I signed up for this,  the price keeps going up and I keep getting less.  So YES 10 good channels would be welcomed any day. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Not necessarily, when 300 of them are home shopping channels.

And what happens when the base charge for each channel is $10 each? The $109 you might pay now for 370+ channels will become 10 channels and you'll be complaining about how much better it was in the old days when you got hundreds of channels for the same price.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I only watch sports and news. That option would be fine with me. You
don't have to have it or like it -- that's your choice.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.