For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you! NBC is now viewable.

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

It's laws dating back to like 1994 that favor the owners and allow them to
pull the channel as a means to get what they want.

Early on in this dispute, several legislators called on Nexstar and At&t to
come to a resolution and restore the channel. Sadly, nothing more than that
was done and laws haven't been updated to maybe prohibit these all too
common black
blackouts.

For interesting reading, check out the dispute with Dish and At&t. That's
been ongoing for over six months now. At&t is doing the same thing to Dish
that At&t is complaining that Nexstar is doing to them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I will be sure to call right away for a refund on my local channel subscription. Beyond that I would hope that direct tv stop hurting their customers with their decision to not provide a major network channel over a few bucks . For almost 20 years I e been with direct tv and I would hope it would not have to change.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

It is Nexstar that removed their feed, DTV can't provide what they are not getting, a one dollar raise = 20 million dollars as all customers pay for all locals.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My husband and I both watch ABC  - our channel 10 station.  It has been removed because of a dispute between Netstar and AT & T.

Spectrum is offering to buy us out of our contract with Direct TV  and give us back the channel we are missing...at a lower cost than what we are paying AT & T.

My husband and I both love Direct TV...as we love to record many programs to watch.  But we are willing to give up all of this...if this dispute between AT&T and Netstar continues.  We and many of our friends need to know ASAP when this dispute is going to end.  As we have been patient much too long.  

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Kennyg1005 wrote:
.... Why you guys haggle over a few bucks your customers suffer without what they were promised by you . ...

So every time these corporations demand more of your money, AT&T should just cave in??? That's crazy. I'm glad that providers like Dish and DirecTV no longer just rollover. Their rates are already too high, and these disputes are killing the cable/satellite TV business. 

Scholar

• 

76 Messages

5 years ago

I received a call yesterday from someone claiming to be from ATT/DirecTV offering to change my plan to 59/month, if I paid 5 months up front. He said this was because of negative comments from customers regarding various aspects of service we receive vs. what we were promised (my case). ATT is putting their customers in the middle of ATT's dispute with Nexstar while claiming Nexstar is the guilty party...I don't have a contract with Nexstar, I have one with ATT. I was promised ALL of my local channels, yet I'm without Fox, with college and pro football approaching rapidly. Resolve your differences and provide the service I signed up and pay for. 

The agent also indicated the Nexstar issue would be resolved "in 3 or 4 business days".

My questions are:

Is this a legitimate offer?

Is the agent correct wrt Nexstar?

Why do so many On Demand programs give trouble with buffering, causing problems watching or being able to record?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

That is a SCAM! You NEVER pay for months up front to get a deal. The scammer usually tries to get you to pay with a prepaid card as that is a more untraceable method.

As for Nexstar, that is just negotiations. Until AT&T and Nexstar come to an agreement, then the channel remains unavailable. AT&T/DirecTV doesn't own Nexstar stations so cannot promise they will always be there. So like all TV providers they have a clause in their Terms of Service that channels are subject to change at any time.

Just because you don't pay Nexstar directly doesn't mean they aren't part of this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My favorites are on CBS , I'd hate to have to switch to dish because 2 large corporations are being so intransigent and unable to come to terms . I'm only one customer but I suspect that there are many many more with the same feeling. And the fall season isn't far away.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Direct TV is in disputes with a local network affiliate and has blacked out coverage in my market for months.  I've dealt with it up until now - It's football season and the whoe reason I have DirectTv is football season.  Their solution was to send a local channel connector antenna - FYI - No we are not tuned in - The antenna that was sent to us does not work through the cable box per the instructions, we did the setup probably 20 times, were on the phone with tech support for 35 minutes and they couldn't get the channel 28 FOX KFXA to air on through our regular viewing process.  The only way I could get it to work, (NOT TECH SUPPORT, I HAD TO TROUBLESHOOT THIS MYSELF BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT), was bypassing the DIRECTTV cable box all together and hooking up the antenna straight to our TV, but in a channel search the channel 28 FOX KFXA still doesn't appear.  Maybe it's just the area, and this channel isn't good for reception and that's why everybody in Fayette County Iowa has cable or satellite because it's the only way we can view local networks.  This is why I pay for DirectTV - and it doesn't work right now because DirectTV is in network agreement disputes with Fox KFXA and it's ridiculous, they are a tiny network affiliate - DirectTV is a billion dollar global operation - cut the crap.

I hope DirectTV realizes that this local FOX affiliate is a major source for the NFL - MANY of the the in-market NFL games will be broadcast on this channel, which means I won't be able to view those games on the NFL Sunday Ticket (WHICH I ALSO PAY FOR ON TOP OF MY DIRECTTV PACKAGE) - So basically, I'll be missing 50% of football season if DIRECTTV doesn't come to an agreement with this local network and I'm paying DIRECTTV handsomely in order to have 100% access to all in market and out of market NFL games.

I've already missed a pre-season game - As far as I'm concerned, if this problem isn't resolved prior to the regular season, I will cancel my entire DirectTV subscription - Because if I don't have access to every game there's no point in me having any other DirectTV service .

The only solution I have been provided is an antenna that doesn't work - If the in-market broadcast games were available through my NFL Sunday Ticket Subscription, I wouldn't cancel anything, but according to policy they're not - So if channel 28 KFXA FOX isn't available in my market within a week, I'm done and DirectTv has lost a customer for life - Not that it matters to anybody at DirectTv.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.