For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jfyudydyye777's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 1:23 AM

Just got U-Verse. Is there an easy way to hide channels I don't subscribe to from the guide?

The Guide has hundreds of channels that I don't subscribe to. When they're selected the box says "You are not subscribed to this channel." so it's clear that the box knows I'm not subscribed to those channels. Why must I see these channels when I go the guide? How do I hide them and only show the channels that I am subscribed to?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@jfyudydyye777 - You have choices -

You can hide the channels you do not want to see - Menu -options - Hide chans. Regular guide will have only those chans not hidden

You can build your own favorites guide as you watch channels by pressing the ENTER button (bottom right). Press the A button to view the guide.

There are "package" guides, but they take more clicks to view Menu - not sure of the rest - may be categories or packages.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Are you saying it's necessary to go through the 200 or 300 channels that he isn't subscribed to and hide each one manually? You can't be serious! (Can you?)

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@jfyudydyye777 - I am not familiar with the process of hiding. They did make it a little easier than it used to be. Mnay people like it.

I prefer the Favorite guide. Start with the few channels you like & add them as you find more you like. The regular guide is always available when there is a free preview. The one drawback used to be more clicks to view the guide. After ten years of complaints they finally put it on the A button, so you can bring it up with one click.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

You have to hide/ inside each channel manually. A tedious process, but it works. You can check and uncheck all channels. Unchecking them all and adding what you want may be quicker.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

I prefer to hide channels. I believe this option won't show search results if I'm not subscribed to that channel. The downside is that I have to unhide during preview weekends.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

DirecTV has an option to hide SD duplicate channels. U-verse does not. Sounds like a little thing until you have to weed through hundreds of channels you don't want to see ever again. But here's the worst part: It's not specific to your account, but only to the box you're using. Meaning: If you have more than one box in your house, you have to do it all over again! Here's another part I hate: The system automatically goes through and adds random channels periodically. I just went through my box and found about 50 shopping and PPV channels that were added without my knowledge. A few might not be that bad, but I saw about five for an upcoming boxing card alone and about that many for some 'WOW' network I've never heard of. Seriously, AT&T? This is ridiculous.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

In comparison to Xfinity remote, the ATT U-verse remote is a freaking dinosaur!!!! I am renovating my house and am switching back to Comcast all because of the remote capabilities. I originally had Comcast but switched 5 years ago to ATT because of Comcast's horrible customer service... now I find ATTs customer service just as bad if not worse. So why have bad customer services along with a horrible remote (guide selection) along with bad customer service? I might as well switch to Comcast and at least have a great remote!!!!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah back in the days of integrity and programmers that actually knew how to program, either you only saw what you subscribed to or there was a simple option to display only what you were subscribed to.  These days either they're so desperate to coax you into upgrading your package by showing you "what you're missing", or the engineers are so incredibly incompetent they can't figure out how to do it anymore.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.