For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dwinth's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

Monday, September 12th, 2011 5:25 PM

Blackouts In College Sports

I completely understand the blackout rules for MLB, the NHL, and the NBA. I have no problem with them, and realize it is not U-verse who is dictating the terms.

What I do not understand are the blackout rules for college football and basketball on the RSN's.  Could someone explain them, and is it the NCAA who determines the rules or some  other college governing body?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

In general, blackout of college sports on the out of market RSN's occurs if the games is selected for inclusion in ESPN GamePlan or ESPN Fullcourt in your market.  Also, some conferences, such as the ACC, have blackout rules that apply for areas outside of their region.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.