For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rt123's profile

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 6:25 PM

Any News on Meger

Been any updates on the Uverse/ Directv deal .  

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

photo.PNG

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

The positive i see in this is Uverse could have upper hand in contract TV deals maybe see Hallmark channels return and maybe NHL network . 

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

10 years ago

If the deal is approved, there is no doubt in my mind that the nhl network will soon return as direct tv is known for its extensive sports coverage. My question is, would uverse still exist for tv viewing, as I live in an apt. complex and am unable to put up a dish, and since direct tv is the only one that carries NFL Sunday Ticket, would the sunday ticket be available for uverse customers?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

I hope that I am misinterpreting this sentence, but it sounds like that if the merger goes through, it will be the end of U-Verse as we know it. We will all have to switch to satellite.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2014/05/att_agrees_to_buy_directv_what.html

"AT&T currently offers a high-speed Internet plan in a bundle with DirecTV television service. The acquisition would help it further reap the benefits of that alliance. AT&T could also use the deal to improve its Internet service by pushing its existing U-verse TV subscribers into DirecTV's video-over-satellite service, freeing up bandwidth on its telecommunications network."

If this sentence is saying what I think it is saying, it looks like i will be a Charter subscriber which i do not want to do.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/18/att-buys-directv/

"DirecTV has the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket and other premium programming, so there's a chance that much of its content could reach U-verse and other AT&T offerings."

I don't think that will happen, right now U-verse is going very profitable for the company and I don't see them abandoning that. They said Directv will continue to run independantly for at least 3 years after the merger. If anything I could see NFL Sunday Ticket, MB Extra Innings, etc. coming to U-Verse. But keep in mind the deal wont close for around 12 months and thats if it is approved by the FCC. If anything it should enhance the U-verse TV service and not kill it, but maybe I'm wishfully thinking lol

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

DTVs exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket expire at the end of next season.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I thought they just renewed it last year?

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I know that the NFL is in negotiations for NFL Sunday Ticket. If you can provide a link showing that their has been an extension with DTV I would love to see it.

Scholar

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.