For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
hodgeko's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 3:05 PM

Setting Up Samsung Blu Ray Internet Connection with AT&T U-Verse - Equals Sign in Pswd

I'm trying to enter my AT&T internet password listed on the side of my wireless receiver into my Samsung Blu Ray player so that I can access the internet and stream Netflix, etc. However, the problem is that my password has an "=" (equals sign) and that character is not an option on my Samsung remote. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

hodgeko - Not sure what you are looking at. I believe, all default wireless passwords are all numeric. Mine is.

If yours was changed, you can go here & change it again to conform to the Samsung requirement - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

If the samsung supports WPS. You can turn on WPS on the RG at that same location & click the WPS button there,too.

Then click WPS on the Samsung & it will discover the password.

Of Course, the password cannot contain the equal sign if it is not allowwed by Samsung.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

10 years ago

Perhaps you're trying to use the System password (used for logging in to the RG to change parameters) instead of the Wireless Security Passphrase?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. I was trying to type in the password on the side of the AT&T device, the same password I typed into my phone to be able to connect to the Wireless Network in the house. Perhaps that is not the password I need?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

Which one are you typing in?

Pace4111N-Sticker.jpg

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Another option is to go wired. If you cannot get a cat5 to the RG & the nearby STB is fed COAX connect the Samsung to the STB network jack.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Jeffster, I'm using the Wireless Network Key (which has an = sign in it).  That's what I used to access the Wireless Network with my iPhone, so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it would be the same one for the blu ray player.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Then what do you put in place of the equal sign,  thank you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.