Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
NelMav's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 3:50 PM

On Demand free shows no FF

Why why why is there NO FF option on free shows like the voice???? Or any of the prime time networks?? {I.E. ABC, NBC, etc..}. Why do you think its a Good idea to watch something a couple of times From the start instead of being able to FF to where one stopped watching? Twice in one show watching I have HAD to watch from the beginning because of an error in the system. The most recent I was half way through the show and HAD to watch from the beginning again!! Again.... WHY have NOT have the FF feature work???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

You can not fast forward the free shows.  The networks do not want you to fast forward through the commercials.  That is why they are free because they have commercials.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for the reply! Just dealing with it sounds like a pissant answer. I do appreciate you answering.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@dinglesby wrote:

You can not fast forward the free shows.  The networks do not want you to fast forward through the commercials.  That is why they are free because they have commercials.

I've found some that have said no FF, actually will FF, but at a slightly different speed than Recorded TV. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

NelMav - I was thinking FF may not be the answer to your problem. I was thinking My videos might work.

I did try it, but cannot replicate your problem because it is a failure. I played a show & stopped it with the stop button. So, the main menu had a resume button instead of a play button.

I imagine you are playing from main menu & when you go back to it (after the failure) you have a play button instead of a resume button. The software solution to your specific problem is to have the play software recognize the failure & give you a resume button.

Maybe it will if you are are watching from your video list. Try placing the show on your list (the other button). Then navigating to your list (my videos) above the on-demand home setting & play it from there. If you get a failure, your copy may be able to resume. If you get a lot of failure & this suggestion works, it would be worth the extra step of adding it to your videos.

Of, course it would be a rethink possible step if it were automatic. If it can do it for recordings, it should be viable with on-demand.

Another thought - If playing fails, hit the stop button. Maybe you can sneak in t & trigger the resume process. That is when you return you will have a resume button instead of a play button.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Actually, I do have the "shows" in My Video list. And I am not able to do any FF on any videos. Only after system failure does it restart from the beginning. When paused to come back later and watch does it have a resume button. Thank you for responses.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

While you cannot FF thru network programs, I have found that there are fewer commercials.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yes on demand definitely has fewer commercials
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.