Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Jeanette3148's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 16th, 2014 3:19 PM

OLD tv with uverse box connected via COAXIL cable

Let me begin by stating that I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with your supposed Technical Support department and well still no resolution to my problem just them stating that for $169 they can send a tech out!!! I can not wait till JUNE to dump your service and go back to COMCAST/Xfinity where they are way more experienced and helpful!!!!!!!

Problem is: I have a very old Magnavox tv, where the only way to get cable into it is through the cable cord. The tv and service were working just fine last night/morning approx 12:30 am. My grandson went to turn on the tv this morning approx 8:00 am and the cable box comes on and tv comes on, but I get static. I have tried all the usual channels on the TV itself and nothing. The tv is not receiving the cable box information. The only thing your supposed technical support and their "supervisor" is push the input/support button on the TV's remote. I then restate that this tv does not have input/source selections such as HDMI. So is there anyone there that didn't just start working there last week that might know anything or do I have to wait till JUNE when I go back to Comcast to have service on this TV. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

I'm not sure why you are blaming AT&T for the issue that you are having turning to a channel on your TV.  It's not their responsibility to make sure that the TV remains connected properly to the U-verse receiver.

Based on how you stated that your TV is connected, it sounds like someone in your household has changed the channel on the TV itself.  With the coaxial cable connection, the TV set needs to remain on channel 3 in order to receive a picture when you change channels on the U-verse receiver.  I could suggest that you make sure that the channel on the TV is still set to channel 3.

More information can be found in the support article below:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB406831&cv=803#fbid=arTgve9T-i2

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the TV on channel 3, the customer support team had me on perma hold 45 minutes, just to tell me to change the input selection to HDMI, which I explained to them 3 times that this tv does not have. I love the response I get from "Un-Social Media" That just seals the deal, you have the worst Customer Un-Service departments, and we will be returning to Comcast, at  least they know what they are doing. Stick to phones, seems to be the only thing you guys can get right

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

Good luck with Comcast.  There must be some reason you left them before.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Price, Uverse maybe cheaper, but you get what you pay for, in this case lousy service!!!!

I know that there is a simple fix for this situation, but it would require talking to service tech, and I could do it myself, but the technical service support team doesn't want to make the call and or do any research on their part, just charge $169 for a tech to come out. The support team should be trained and or have notes or somethng for situations like this. My problem is that there they don't want to take an extra step in research, they only know how to deal with tv's that came out with in the last year. Not every one can afford new tv's in every room. A little bit of training, notes or manuals would go a long way. It's called customer service!

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

Comcast is a billing nightmare. I couldn't do one little thing on my account without it ending with a disaster each time. I even had a confirmation on an order at least 4 times, but once the bill comes? The order is completely messed up from what they said. They tell you what you want to hear even though they have no idea what's even happening. They keep you happy until the bill comes.

Have you tried to disconnect the coax cable from the receiver to the TV and plug it back in? Make sure that it's tight. Also, please make sure that on your receiver the coax cable is connected to the "To TV" coax port and not the "To Wall." Lastly, if that doesn't work, do you have any spare cable?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Jeanette3148@  wrote:

Let me begin by stating that I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with your supposed Technical Support department and well still no resolution to my problem just them stating that for $169 they can send a tech out!!! I can not wait till JUNE to dump your service and go back to COMCAST/Xfinity where they are way more experienced and helpful!!!!!!!

Problem is: I have a very old Magnavox tv, where the only way to get cable into it is through the cable cord. The tv and service were working just fine last night/morning approx 12:30 am. My grandson went to turn on the tv this morning approx 8:00 am and the cable box comes on and tv comes on, but I get static. I have tried all the usual channels on the TV itself and nothing. The tv is not receiving the cable box information. The only thing your supposed technical support and their "supervisor" is push the input/support button on the TV's remote. I then restate that this tv does not have input/source selections such as HDMI. So is there anyone there that didn't just start working there last week that might know anything or do I have to wait till JUNE when I go back to Comcast to have service on this TV. 

Sorry for your frustration Jeanette. I'm sure an impatient grandchild probably doesn't help either.Smiley Wink

It sounds like your TV, whether through the fault of the TV, or the the U-verse Receiver, is not getting a signal.

You say that you already have the TV tuned to channel 3, have you tried channel 4? Sometimes those older TVs had a switch for "Cable/Air" to change the COAX input from a regular antenna to cable service, you might want to check for that.

You might also try cycling the power on the U-verse receiver by unplugging it from the wall outlet for 15 seconds and plugging it back in.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.