For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jennhrobinson's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 16th, 2013 5:15 PM

CW in Charleston, SC

I am in Charleston, SC (29414).  I just switched to UVerse.  Am I just not looking at the guide correctly?  I cannot find the CW anywhere.  Is it called something different?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

The CW in Charleston, SC is shown on the station below and it's a sub-channel 2.2.  AT&T U-verse does not carry any station sub-channels so your not going to get it.

StationChannelLocal Area
WCBD-DT2.2CHARLESTON, SC

It is carried by the providers below:

ProviderStationChannelLocal Area
COMCAST CABLEWCBD-DT14CHARLESTON, SC
HOME TELECOMWCBD-DT7CHARLESTON, SC
KNOLOGYWCBD-DT12CHARLESTON, SC
WOWWCBD-DT12CHARLESTON, SC
DIRECTV LOCAL - CHARLESTONWDCW-DT14CHARLESTON, SC
DIRECTV LOCAL - CHARLESTONWCBD-DT3CHARLESTON, SC
DISH NETWORKWCBD-DT7892CHARLESTON, SC
DISHNET LOCAL - CHARLESTON, SCWCBD-DT50CHARLESTON, SC

You can check all of the channels available in your market by package type here: AT&T U-verse Channels - Digital TV & HD Channel Listings

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I will correct you on this matter. The CW is on digital channel 49.3 which just has been added to the Topeka, KS lineup on UVerse Channel 50. Myself and others in the area made a channel request to AT&T at http://uversechannels.att.com/

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

9 years ago

@ScottM101956 wrote:

I will correct you on this matter. The CW is on digital channel 49.3 which just has been added to the Topeka, KS lineup on UVerse Channel 50. Myself and others in the area made a channel request to AT&T at http://uversechannels.att.com/

How is this a correction?  He was talking about the Charleston, SC market.  You are talking about the Topkea, KS market.  A thousand miles apart.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I was talking into regards that Uverse does add substations. Our CW in Topeka is a substation and was just added. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

9 years ago

@ScottM101956 wrote:

I was talking into regards that Uverse does add substations. Our CW in Topeka is a substation and was just added. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

AT&T does add some subchannels in certain markets using criteria known only to them.  Yes, it's a good idea to request the channel, but it is far from certain that your channel will be added, regardless of whether it's a subchannel or a national cable channel.  As a general rule, AT&T does not carry subchannels unless its a big-three (maybe four) affiliate.

This situation may be a package deal from the ABC affiliate requiring the CW be carried in order for the ABC channel to be carried by U-verse (actually, due to some Shared Services Agreements in the Topeka market, NBC and FOX carriage could also be entangled in this).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.