For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rosska's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 17th, 2015 10:51 PM

New AT&T Uverse TV Point Anywhere RF Remote Control Unresponsive to Set-up

I just received a new remote control, and I am having difficulties setting it up. I tried the program your remote control through the popular brand approach as well as the manual setup. I was able to sucessfuly turn on the tv using the remote, however the U-verse cable box does not turn on, only when I manual press the cable box power button. In addition, even when the cable is on none of the buttons on the remote control work, like the menu buttons or numbers. 

I wanted to know how I can resolve this issue? Thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@rosska- The TV is controlled by IR generated from the remote - same as standard remote. The U-uverse STB is controlled by IR generated by a dongle plugged in to the front USB port( for power). The remote communicates with the dongle via RF & the two must be paired.

The pairing should be done at the factory, but may not be.

Also,if you press the TV button it will send TV IR. So, to do u-verse STB control, you need to be in the att mode - press the att button.

I had a point anywhere remote for five years to control a second TV/STB & it must have been adequate. I have replaced it with a Logitech Harmony Smart Control, which iis far superior - currently avail for $80 here - http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=14393 - If you can return the point anywhere.

If you want to discuss, I can post deficiencies of the point anywhere & the advantages of the logitech.

If you just need the PA for hidden STB, you can use any of these alternatives with a standard u-verse remote - https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-ir-remote-extenders?id=ezirremoteextenders-20&gclid=CPXTl57c28gCFVcSHwodousEYw

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you so much, it works now. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.