For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
phoney1's profile

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2019 4:42 AM

Uverse Internal Server error 500

I've been getting the Internal Server error 500 all day on Uverse when I try to use the SEARCH feature or select "More Showtimes" in order to change the time of a previously scheduled recording of a program.  The error also states:

"WebException: The remote server returned an error (500) Internal Servor error" along with "kx: failed to load resource".  Sometimes I get the message "Search is temporarily unavailable".  Well... just how long is "temporarily"?  This has been going on for at least 8 hours.  I've already tried rebooting the DVR as well as the router.  Neither has resolved the issue.  Is there something I can do at my end to fix this or is this a problem at AT&T's end?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I've already tried rebooting the DVR as well as the router.

In that order?  Try rebooting the gateway first then the dvr.  If that doesn't clear the problem then you will have to call tech support (800-288-2020).

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

The first time I did the reboots, I rebooted the DVR and when that didn't work, I rebooted the router but that didn't work either.  But per your instructions, I just now rebooted the router first, and when it came back up, I rebooted the DVR.  That fixed it!  Thank you SO much!!

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Looks like I spoke too soon.  I used the SEARCH function and it worked once.  However, the fix was short-lived. When I tried SEARCH a second time,  it's right back to the same Internal Server 500 error.  Guess I'll be calling Tech Support.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Today the SEARCH is working so I don't know exactly what fixed it.  I didn't do anything other than the reboot of the router and then the reboot of the DVR that one time last night.  I'm just happy that it's now working.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.