For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
wrangler1013's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 3:38 PM

New service and a little confused about a few things.

Hello everyone. Just got TV service setup over the weekend. Have 1 Main DVR box and then a wireless box. They installed some items in a closet  (assuming the wireless router/gateway) . I do not have internet service with at&t, that is provided by TWC 

Here are a couple of questions.

1. On my iphone I am trying to connect it so I can access my receivers and record shows and change channels from the u-verse app and I am not sure exactly what I am doing here. Do I need to connect my iphone to the wireless at&t setup in the house in order to do that? 

2. Both DVR boxes (wireless and regular) have been a little weird sometimes and after powering them off and on they sit at a blue screen that says AT&T U-vese and has a little circle spinning in the corner. What is it trying to do when that is on the screen. I have let it sit there for 20-30 minutes and it doesn't do anything. I end up powering it off and on again and then finally get it to play. (the wireless shows full bars)

3. I tried pausing a live tv show from the tv connected to the wireless box and kept getting a message that I couldn't because all tv's were recording live shows or something. I had nothing recorded at all while that was going. 

4. Same issue as 3 with pausing and rewinding a live show. Keeps telling me it can't

5. I set up a favorites list on the tv that has the wireless box connected to it and then went into the other room with the main dvr box and hit favorites and its not there. Do I have to set my favorites up on each box? 

Thanks for any input. Just trying to work through these new service pains as I learn how this system works..

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

10 years ago

@wrangler1013 wrote:

Hello everyone. Just got TV service setup over the weekend. Have 1 Main DVR box and then a wireless box. They installed some items in a closet  (assuming the wireless router/gateway) . I do not have internet service with at&t, that is provided by TWC 

Here are a couple of questions.

1. On my iphone I am trying to connect it so I can access my receivers and record shows and change channels from the u-verse app and I am not sure exactly what I am doing here. Do I need to connect my iphone to the wireless at&t setup in the house in order to do that?  You must have Uverse internet to use this feature (I'm pretty sure about this)

2. Both DVR boxes (wireless and regular) have been a little weird sometimes and after powering them off and on they sit at a blue screen that says AT&T U-vese and has a little circle spinning in the corner. What is it trying to do when that is on the screen. I have let it sit there for 20-30 minutes and it doesn't do anything. I end up powering it off and on again and then finally get it to play. (the wireless shows full bars)  Shouldn't take that long.  Power cycle your RG (modem) and see if that fixes things.

3. I tried pausing a live tv show from the tv connected to the wireless box and kept getting a message that I couldn't because all tv's were recording live shows or something. I had nothing recorded at all while that was going.  If you were not recording anything, this is not normal.  Try a power cycle of the entire system.  Unplug both boxes, power cycle the RG and then plug in each box individually.

4. Same issue as 3 with pausing and rewinding a live show. Keeps telling me it can't  See #3

5. I set up a favorites list on the tv that has the wireless box connected to it and then went into the other room with the main dvr box and hit favorites and its not there. Do I have to set my favorites up on each box?   Favorites must be set up on each box.

Thanks for any input. Just trying to work through these new service pains as I learn how this system works..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.