For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
HanoverHouse's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 7:35 PM

Need a new DVR!

The DVR has been giving me some problems for the last few weeks - would picture would freeze up (OK, that happens on occasion).  I would try other stations - nothing.  Turn off TV, turn it back on message: No Signal, check cable connections...yada, yada, yada.  Go through the whole drill, turn off power strip, turn it back on...press the On button on DVR for 10 seconds, etc. etc.  All good for a few days, then fewer days.  Yes, I replaced the power strip (just in case) unplugged and re-connected everything.  Worked for 2 days, but now it's every couple of hours.  My other 2 TVs work just fine but do not have the rewind, pause, can't watch recorded shows etc. features without the DVR working.  I've been customer since Jan '06.  Long time; I think the DVR has just given up and it's time for a new one.

How do I get a new DVR?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Call CS 800-288-2020

They may want to go through a few troubleshooting steps but if they determine that your DVR is defective, they will send you a new one for a self-install.  You will lose all of your recordings but your scheduled recording list will stay intact.

Remember that you have 21 days to return the old one via UPS.  You will be emailed detailed instructions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

After spending several hours with tech support yesterday - 3 different times; rebooting the receiver, disaster recovery, supposed remote reload after turning off U verse service, etc etc etc...finally getting a tech today to check if my DVR is defective and possible replacement.   Very frustrated with AT&T! Is this their way of trying to convert me to DirectTV?  Just saying...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.