For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
damax53's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 30th, 2014 1:07 PM

Lost recordings

Our Motorola VIP 1225 box just died and we lost all our recordings. We have a 3 1/2 year-old and can't watch much live TV so we record a lot. We had movies for us and for him that we lost and that aren't available anymore except for purchase. Plus, it took me a long time to find the movies and other shows and record them.

The tech who replaced the box told us there is no way to retrieve the recordings, but I don't believe it. Unless the hard drive is damaged beyond repair, don't tell me that in this day and age of technology ATT doesn't know how to at least transfer the contents of the old hard drive to the new one. This is the second time this has happened and we're on the verge of dropping ATT and going with another company. We still have the old box (and the new one, of course). Please tell me there is a way to salvage our old recordings. Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Lkmjm77, it could be that the receiver you're trying to watch from cannot communicate with the DVR.  I would suggest unplugging both the DVR Receiver and the Receiver you're trying to watch from the power outlet.  Plug the DVR back in and wait until it comes back up,  Check to be sure it still has your recordings.  Once you've done that, power back up the other Receiver and see if it has the list within a minute or two of it coming up.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

You are thinking of dish network.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue and the reply from ACE is completely unacceptable in this day and age.  ATT is able to monitor any number of things and reset the DVR on line I have watched them do this, then why is there no way to transfer recordings from DVR to DVR?  Most homes with U-Vers probably have more then one DVD why can they not sync up once a day to save recordindings?  They seem to be able to sync up for your favorite station list.  There is also this thing called the cloud that they could down load to.  There are options to expore but ATT does not seem to want to work for the customer.  

In this day and age to simply say "If you had to get a new DVR, there is no way to retrieve your recordings." and problem solved is completly unacceptable.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Lost-in-Spce   Well, that's the way it is and not gonna change.   Cause Uverse is not gonna be around much longer as ATT want's to merge DirecTV and Uverse TV together under a totally different equipment and program delivery system. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.