For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Ljmcd2019's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 7:59 PM

Lost all DVR recordings after Non-Disaster Recovery procedure.

I was having problems with a remote TV freezing, pixelating, buffering.  Followed instructions I saw on forum about performing a  Non-Disaster Recovery, where I unplugged the Uverse DVR unit, plugged back in, at 3 dots, unplugged again, etc.   The post had said that following this should not affected the stored recorded programs, but after system came back up, ALL of my recordings were gone.

Is there any way to get them back, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry out of luck.  Not sure why non-disaster recovery would lose all the recording unless the disk directory was so screwed up that was all that could be done to finish the recovery.  If that was the case I would think you would also have had problems with the playing those recordings.  Maybe that's what the buffering and freezing was all about in the first place. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I made SURE that I did the non disaster recovery, and never pressed ANY buttons during the process.  I had read about the destructive method.  I never saw any 'gears' on the screen, so was shocked that everything disappeared

Do you think that the Uverse techs might be able to do anything to recover the recordings, or would I probably just be wasting time with that?

Thanks for your response...

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

There is no way to recover them.  Recording are saved in the hard drive within the dvr.   Just out of curiosity how much disk space is available (press recording button and scroll over to recording space).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Although it says there are no recordings, it says there is 89% of the space left.  Says enough for 411 hours of SD, or 150 hours of HD.

Before we lost it all, we had stuff recorded on about 65% of the DVR space.

Thanks for your help...

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

That's why I asked.  The stuff is really gone as far as the disk directory is concerned.  I just wanted to confirm that when it deleted those recordings it really reclaimed the disk space.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.