For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
houtx_user's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 4th, 2018 1:23 AM

Cisco wifi box ISB7005 "Programming is no longer available" error message

I have two Internet Protocol Set Top Box installed, a wired device which works fine and a Cisco wifi box ISB7005 which was working.  When I turned it on, it failed.  When I reset the box, I get a message displayed on the TV that says "Programming is no longer available".  The reset sequence seems normal up to that point, power led and link led are on, HD let is on, wheel spins in the lower right corner of the screen.  Using the wifi to send this message, so don't believe that I have a local network problem.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

The ISB7005 is your wireless receiver.  It does not connect to your gateway's wifi.  It connects to the WAP (wireless access pint - little box ethernet connected to your gateway).  That's why your wifi devices still work,.

Try the following in the specified order (this is a full reboot of everything):

1. Unplug the gateway, DVR, WAP, all wireless receivers.
  2. After at least 15 secs. plug the gateway back in an let if fully reboot.
  3. Plug the DVR back in.
  4. Once the DVR is fully rebooted plug the WAP back in.
  5. Finally plug the wireless receivers back in.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

Ran across a post that solved my problem without doing any of the suggested items above by resetting the Cisco box to factory defaults by pressing power, OK, and down arrow for 15 seconds and letting the box restart.  Works for now, but most likely will fail in the same manner soon.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I don't see how a factory reset of the wireless receiver (i.e., disaster recovery) allowed it to gain access back to the dvr.  But whatever works, ok.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.