For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
amirah_pee's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2019 8:19 AM

U-Verse App for Amazon Stick Differs

The U-Verse app for my Amazon firestick completely differs for the one for Apple products. For starters there aren’t that many channels on the U-Verse fire stick like there are on the Apple devices. Also, the U-Verse app for the Amazon stick does not contain the TV Guide option. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

They're not intending to provide a set-top box replacement, which is what is described above. 

Even on the apps, there is limited ability to watch all live programming channels.  And of course neither provide ability to watch recorded DVR shows.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

I understand that but why are the apps different between Apple and Amazon ? Like Apple has more channels and a TV Guide while Amazon has neither one of them. I’m just saying I would think it’ll be consistent considering they’re both apps.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

I have the UV app on my Fire tablet and there is a "Live" option that brings up the Guide.  But maybe it's different on a Fire stick.

I also have the App in my iPhone.  I haven't noticed a difference in the channels available but now I'm curious.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

The available channels are absolutely the same on android, FireOS, and iOS.  FireTV has a different set likely but I’ve never done a side by side comparison.  The user interface is different, sure.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@skeeterintexas 

If you toggle the live button next to the HD button in the guide, the list of channels presented will change.  

@amirah_pee 

the main difference in the FireTV version of the app you’ll notice is the deliberate omission of channel numbers.  It’s not a bad design but does take some getting used to.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.