For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dabneydy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2015 10:53 PM

Activate showtime on my roku device

Hello! I am an AT&T U-verse customer and anytime I try to activate showtime, which I have with my subscription, on my roku device it gives me an error "We are sorry, but you are not authorized to access this web site. Please verify you are authorized and re-enter your User ID and Password" Why is that, and what can I do to fix it? 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

Try uninstalling/reinstalling it on the Roku and see if that works. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

To activate it, I have to go online to showtimeanytime.com/activate and log in with att, and once log in, that is when I get the error message, it has nothing to do with the roku itself, it doesn't even allow me to enter the activation code to connect them together.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

8 years ago

I thought SHOWTIME was a subscription service using the ROKU.  On my ROKU you can try it free for thirty days then you have to pay.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hey @dabneydy,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this corrected.

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm having a similar issue. I have showtime on my inverse account, and can access Showtike Anytime on my Showtime Anytime app, but am having trouble accessing Showtime on the roku. It's asking for my Showtime email and password, but most apps just request your cable provider login. Any suggestions?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@hkight90 - Ask Showtime & Roku how you access showtime via the Roku app using your u-verse credentials.

It's the old three legged stool analogy - If it wobbles you need to examine all three legs to find the flaw.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@hkight90 wrote:
I'm having a similar issue. I have showtime on my inverse account, and can access Showtike Anytime on my Showtime Anytime app, but am having trouble accessing Showtime on the roku. It's asking for my Showtime email and password, but most apps just request your cable provider login. Any suggestions?

@hkight90 - Probably a longshot but there are two Showtime channel's for the Roku.  Showtime and Showtime Anytime.  Could you be on the wrong one?  Showtime is a standalone service, where you subscribe directly through the Roku.  Showtime Anytime is what U-Verse subscribers with Showtime (U-300 etc) want.  The Showtime channel asks for the email that you subscribed to the service with, while the Anytime channel initially asks for your TV provider then gives you a code, IIRC.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do I get activation code to link Showtime to roku through att

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

ACE - MasterThanks! I was having the same problem, and your suggestion worked!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.