For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
scoot683's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 31st, 2016 6:00 PM

Utility Easement Restrictions

I have an AT&T utility easement in my back yard and wanted to know if I could have the specific restrictions as I am going to sell my house and want to have the answer for a potential buyer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Your local regulating body (city, couty, zoning, permitting, etc.)  SHOUYLD have that kind of information on file in their records.

If you cxan't find that information yourself, a bonded company that does asset searches (which you typically need for a home sale to close anyway) should be able to aquire that infomrmation, if no body else can.

Juyst a thought.

Typically, as a general rule, ATT does not maintain, or share their easement information. If nothing else, just too many to practically keepo track of.

Good luck.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Utility easements are shown on property surveys. If you didn't have one included in your mortgage papers when you bought the home, you'll need to get a property survey. Contact your real estate agent to get one. Some states require one to be done during the sale of a home.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@scoot683 wrote:

I have an AT&T utility easement in my back yard and wanted to know if I could have the specific restrictions as I am going to sell my house and want to have the answer for a potential buyer.

I've never sold a house, but to my understanding, that would be the kind of information you would rely on your real estate agent to find out. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.