For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Fee31682's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 16th, 2017 9:06 AM

Does ATT have a moral compass?

So I initially got a internet/phone pkg bundle with ATT b/c I was paying $140 month with another major co. I wanted a cheaper bill and told the sales woman who was great that I wold infer about getting tv services possibly b4 installation date. A few weeks later b4 installation I talked to a sales guy, I told him I don't watch tv i am needing tv services for my kids cartoons mainly & I just need CNN. I stressed that I wanted a low monthly payment. He sold me the Kids Family pkg telling me CNN was apart of this pkg.deal, that everything will cost me $88 from $50 and it would be fixed rate, no hiden hikes which the other cable co.did to me. Nice guy comes to install, he calls that evening to check om service and I tell him that I have no news channels like the sales person said I would. He tells me id have 2 upgrade and he let's ATT know I complained about it. I call next day, lady apologizes saying I'll need Uverse 200. I told her I don't want a huge bill and wouldn't pay over $100. She puts me on hold, comes back says I'll get UVERSE 200 upgrade and was only charging me extra $11 a month on bill. She noted that installation guy told her I was unhappy b/c of no news channels and so it was verified aND apologized again. I stressed was this a fixed rate, $99 and she said yes for 12 months it wouldn't go up. I was happy. Well then I get second bill it's $250, I was livid. I was charged an extra fee for upgrading which wasn't my fault but guy who sold me wrong package and was never told this by lady. The fixed rate was now a huge monthly bill and more than the other company I left because of price. I call ATT and was told they didn't have noted from lady who I talked to so they cant verify if she said that but that she wasn't in position to promise me that deal and I wouldn't be getting it. Also they don't do fixed rates abd that a promotion I got expired so it was invalid whatever savings I was getting. Expired? I was part of it for 2 weeks then expired. I told them I'll be contacting legal dept. to get recorded calls of sales guy and lady b/c I am not paying a huge bill including a huge fee to upgrade a service I was wrongly sold and why I had to upgrade after we verbally agreed from beginning and I was promised a pkg for a certain amount. I was clear with both ppl that I don't watch tv abd wanted fixed low rate. They had no record of her telling me new fixed rate and verbally agreeing because she left out notes.The guy said i can switch to Direct TV or I'll pay $113 month for everything. I told him I'll get hold of legal dept. After I just paid first bill after they automatically withdrew it from my account without my permission or me signing up for auto pay. After this third bill of $170 which is for internet,phone,cable and much more than other Co . I call back after $170 bill and talk to a guy who actually first time was doing right thing instead of trying to protect ATT and told me first name of lady who promised this, he opened a case for me,will help get recorded calls frim ATT and apologized again for everything.Now I owe $432 and has accoubt suspended. I will be taking this all the way because for there to be no accountability on ATT and say that neither people I spoke with can promise fixed rates or lower prices is unbelievable. I will get those tapes and want them to honor agreement. I would NEVER have paid these absurd prices had I been told this & ironically am paying $35 more monthly than competitor who I left because of price hikes. Oh and lastly, I has case opened yesteed at and now cannot access my bill onlibe. It says I have limited access to online features and that I can only see my account summary. Very suspect. Horrid experience. 

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

HI,

We can reach out to see if we can help in any way possible. Please reply back with the specific situation you are having, your full account number and the best number and best time frame to reach you. We can reach out to see how we may be able to assist you.

Thanks
Miguel
AT&T Social Media Manager
6am-2pm CST(Friday-Tuesday)
https://www.att.com/att/myATT/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.