For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Foreignmess's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 20th, 2017 1:17 AM

Dispute between u-verse and WRAL/WRAZ

Am having a real problem understanding why I should pay my normal monthly charges when these two channels have been unavailable for over a month.  In addition to missing my favorite local and national news channel, I have missed numerous ACC football games and Panthers games.  I am disgusted!!!

joanna ***

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I agree with you Foreignmess...how long does AT&T expect everyone to put up with this before we switch companies, especially given we're still paying full price? I had TWC (now Spectrum) for over 10 years and never ran into this problem once, despite what AT&T will tell you when you call them and threaten to switch. I realize Capitol Broadcasting is at the heart of this, but the consumers rely on AT&T to get the channels. I like AT&T better than the old TWC so at this point I'd rather they raise my bill $5 a month and call it a day rather than just sitting and doing nothing like they are now. I'm giving them about another week, because by then it's almost two months which is ridiculous, and then I'm calling Spectrum. They leave us no other choice. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Two months now and no change!  Absolutely unacceptable.  Another week, and they are toast, back to Spectrum!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

all carriers are going through this :

Plucked from a another forum post:

rant]

Every year these threads appear.  And every year I keep wishing the carriers (cable companies and ATT) would hold their ground until the local's realize they are losing eyes for their advertising.   People blame the carriers for their "greed" and not supplying "their channels" that "they are paying for". 

First, they are not "your channels".  ATT can do anything they want to the channel lineup as per these terms of service (8. INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE).  You are paying for a TV service, not specific individual channels.

Second in this case it's the locals who are the greedy ones here asking for ever more and more money every year for something most anyone can get for free with an antenna (assuming the locals are in range - check here).  And then later everyone complains of their ever increasing bills when the one of the reasons for that increase is the "Broadcast TV Surcharge".  So guess who's actually paying for the locals for their greed?

If the carriers stonewalled these locals maybe they would "blink" and put an end to this annual blackmail.  But it never happens and it's just wishful thinking on my part.  In reality the carriers and the locals eventually come to an "agreement" where the locals get less than they asked for (they probably asked for twice as much as they need anyhow if they truly need any more in the first place).  We end paying for the bill.  And it's always the carriers that are to blame.  There's a lot to blame and greed to put on the carriers, but this annual negotiation crap is not one of them.

[end of rant]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hey ATT Employee we all realize that the 'locals' are at the heart of this (read my reply again), however, the paying customers should not be the ones caught in the middle of the local and carrier negotiations, I'm sure you'd agree. And I certainly do consider them 'my channels' (ie...my service) when I'm dishing out a ton of money each month to be able to view them. Unless you're an ATT employee who can actually get this issue remedied I'm not sure why you're on here patronizing customers who pay your salary? It's not like we're blaming you personally for this mess. This is a way for us to voice our concerns to your employer in hopes of moving things along faster if they know that customers are getting ready to bail. They're #1 priority should be be bending over backwards to retain our business, but they're making it hard to stay loyal. That's all we're trying to get across. I do want to thank you for one thing, though, making it crystal clear that with employees like you on board I want to drop ATT more than ever now. You're not the first one I've run into with this attitude, but you are the last. I appreciate it and I'm sure they will too.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

They're #1 priority should be be bending over backwards to retain our business

And that's precisely what they are doing.  You may have a myopic view of your own personal situation but att needs to think of all their customers everywhere, not just your one local area.  Just because you are willing to pay more for something many can get free over the air, I am not!  Why should I have to pay more for my locals just because one local station in a city I don't live in is being greedy?  Agree to their terms and it opens the door to every local that att carries to say "me too, pay what we demand, or else".

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

7 years ago

First off on these forums i am a customer same as you and i represent AT&T in any way shape or form with my responses i was given that tag only because my email was on file with the company, id much rather be anonymous when posting same as you.

Second i gave no attitude i re-posted an explanation given by (imagine this) a non employee. This is why i put Plucked from a another forum post: before the body of his post

Third i didn't patronize anyone, however what i have done is read thousands of threads going both ways on the issue in the past 2 months and my re-post i felt explained it much better than anything ive read about it so far. based on the fact you have been in these forums for 24 whole hours and the original poster has been on for all of 4 days can i assume you haven't read the thousands of posts regarding this subject ?

Most important this is a public forum for customers to speak with other customers AT&T does not read these forums AT&T has a few moderators to keep it civil but no one that can help expedite the negotiations nor give any idea of when the negotiations will come to an end.

With employees like me? you dont know me and have no idea what i do for the company  or what ive done for you the customer.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

How are they bending over backwards??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I don’t work for AT&T.  I agree that the customers are the ones most inconvenienced by this.  Who knows when the Capital Broadcasting contract is up with Spectrum?  It’s very possible that the next time that happens, this same dispute and blackout will happen with Spectrum.  I also don’t want my cable bill to increase because of some greedy company that I’m certain makes enough money to keep their executives comfortable enough to not care about their customers.  It’s ok...they gave out free antennas that don’t work in most neighborhoods in this area because of the huge pine trees.  AT&T is not the one we need to complain about.  I’ve had it with Capital and I don’t know how to get my message across to them because there is no forum for that (as far as I can see).  I also think it’s very interesting to see the amount of WRAL anchors that have left the company recently.  I’m guessing they treat their employees as crappy as their customers.  It’s frustrating to say the least. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@CSVGirl said:

How are they bending over backwards??

By the fact that ATT is standing their ground and not letting one greedy local station dictate unreasonable terms that will cost all of us elsewhere in the long run.   I for one appreciate that, in this case at least, att is trying to keep the costs for re-transmission part of our bill from escalating out of control.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Hey ATT,  It's been about a month now and still no WRAL or Fox 50.  Tonight I had a minor emergency of not being able to see the World Series.  That is totally unacceptable.  At the last minute after trying other alternatives I was able to get Fox Sports Go to work and see the World Series.

However, I should not be put in this position to have to try and find an alternative means to see these channels.  

I have Google Fiber siting out there at the curb...and I'm close to giving them a call...if this issue isn't resolved soon.

- Ken

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.