For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
cathyd1000's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2017 8:33 PM

Can’t Figure Out How To File A Complaint Am Doing It Here

I have been an AT&T cell phone customer for about 13 years,  and an Internet customer for two. We actually have five phone lines and a watch on our account.  Two years ago we tried to go with AT&T U-verse, it did not work for us with the whole home DVR, as my elderly mother, Who lives with us, was constantly deleting everybody else’s shows.  Having only foours streams was also a huge problem for us.  We got rid of it within 30 days, moved on,all was well. 

Two weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon young man knocked on our door.   I do not answer the door for strangers, but my husband does.  He got into a conversation with the guy, and who was trying to sell ATT U-verse,  (despite the fact that we live in a deed restricted community gated, with signs that say no soliciting).  He explained this young man that U-Verse did not work for us and why.  He then called me into the conversation, so that I can explain how frustrating it was with my mother deleting shows, and all of the streams being used,  and not even being able to watch TV. 

The young man proceeded to explain that the whole home DVR was no longer the case, that we would each have our own DVR‘s, (five actually),  and that the streaming limitations were no longer a problem either.  My husband asked him how many shows could be streamed at one time per DVR, and his answer was five streams per DVR.  So my husband asked him directly so we could be streaming, recording watching, whatever... five per DVR?  His answer was “absolutely, yes, 25 at one time per household”.  Now this would probably never happen, but this is what we were told would happen.   I asked him out right several times so one person in one room would not be able to delete someone else’s shows that they recorded in another room, correct?   He said this was absolutely correct.  

Since we currently had AT&T  Internet,  he had to call in the order, and dealt with an extremely rude lady, from another country, who actually argued with him so badly that my husband had to get on the call and make her calm down. We had an appointment arranged, and then she hung up without even saying goodbye. 

My husband called with a question about the installation, a day later, and we were told that the order said that the phone call had ended and no appointment was ever set up.  We were on speakerphone with a seemingly, very nice lady, who rescheduled the appointment, and confirmed all of the things that the young man had told us. The fact that there is no longer a whole home DVR, the capability to stream 25 things at once,  we directly asked her also that no one else would be able to delete anyone else shows correct.  “Absolutely not” she stated. 

She also convinced us to up our Internet speed, and you go with unlimited data on our phone plan, this would take money off the U-verse bill, End it all sounded like a great plan.

My husband said to the young man, and to the woman on the phone, keep in mind if the installer comes and any of this is not true we will be declining the service. 

Needless to say the installer was here five minutes, when we found out that everything that we had been told was a lie. So not only did that young man waste several hours of our day on that Sunday, and the woman wasting another hour the following day, we then had to be on the phone another hour, to roll back the other upgrades that we had agreed to, because we were deceived. 

We are now planning on getting rid of the AT&T Internet, and our cell phone plan with them. I may be a little bit naïve, but I was absolutely flabbergasted that both of those people would lie so blatantly, just to make a sale that was never even going to go through.  I am now assuming that maybe they get some kind of a bonus or are paid  based on how many people they can even get to sign up, even though they will not even end up staying with the service because they were lied to.

From what I could find out when I googled the situation,  It seems like there is an off a lot of lying going on with AT&T sales people.

I am beyond disappointed and disgusted.

I told my husband that I would happily pay cancellation fees for two of the lines just to get away from a company that uses this type of business practice. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

The door-to-door (D2D) sales person you encountered does not work for AT&T.  They are independent contractors and yes, they'll tell you anything to get a sale.  This is admittedly unscrupulous.  It is generally advised to avoid them like the plague.

You actually believed that a TV service provider would allow 25 streams at once?  NO service provider will allow 25 streams at once.  Not cable, not satellite, not fiber....no one.   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the information about the door-to-door sales people. As far as us actually believing, it wasn’t that far fetched, we have cable DVR’s that record six things at one time, with four of those that would be 24...

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

I stand corrected.  Which cable company do you have?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Spectrum

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

Since the Enhanced DVR from Spectrum is the one that can support 6 streams, does that mean you can have multiple Enhanced DVRs?   I ask only for a friend who has issues with limited streams (4 kids!).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.