For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
sling74's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 11:48 PM

AT&T Retention Department Not Honoring Agreement

AT&T Retention Department Not Honoring Agreement. I have been with AT&T at the same address in one type of service or another since 1992. I recently called to cut back and cancel my U200 TV Service since they took away most of the channels i watch anyway. i was given to the retention department where everything is just unicorns and rainbows, they will tell you anything you want to hear to keep you happy and keep you a customer month to month but never really do whats right and fix the billing problems. Today the rep was rude and told me my account is even noted "no more credits" why should i be marked no more credits if they cant fix the pricing they said they would give me? who do i contact from here? i am about to take all their stuff to UPS and be done with them but i know once i do they will be sending me enough in the promos in the mail that would,level a rain forest, so why will they just not keep me now and give me the better pricing?  same services went from $80,83,87,91,93,97,102,106,116, now 123 and with less channels and the internet is slower according to speedtest.net.  Help

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @sling74,

Sorry to read of your billing experience. We can look into this. Send us a message by clicking here. Include your full name, address, contact #, and a brief description of the issue. Our teams may email you using the email address associated with your forum ID so keep an eye out. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

sent message and received an email from someone at their house of something sounded like they were washing dishes. i called and changed my pin after because if seemed fishy to me. asked informaion and said soory cant help. sounded like he was looking for my personal information. anyone else had this problem from site?  

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

We apologize about any issues with the call. We looked into it, and we can confirm that it was us at AT&T reaching out to you.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have never posted on this type of forum but can relate to the other posts about ATT not honoring price quotes.

We are having the same issue, promised one thing and then each month the bill gets higher and higher.  As a long time customer it we feel or business is not valued. 

When we originally called to cancel service, we were referred to Customer Retension, they do promise one thing then the next bill does not reflect it.  Also, do not offer us Direct TV as an alternative as we had horrible experiences with that complany, damaged our homes, unacceptable behaviour by installers and other incidents.  That is why we switched to ATT Uverse.  Now we feel we need to look at other provider such as Xfinity.  We should not have to spend the many hours on the phone with ATT and then have promises are not fulfilled and have to deal with the ever increasing monthly bills.   We have pretty much had it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We feel the same. We were told in February 2017 that our bill would be $154.99 (plus taxes) = $164.10/mo for two full years, but as always, after only four months, it has now jumped up to $202.58 (we had a $6 movie in there). It appears the promo is no longer on the account for receivers as well as internet. My husband and I are both exhausted from calling and arguing. It's been well over two years now with them, and at this moment, I'm waiting for a call back from their retention dept in a couple hours or so. If they don't fix it, we will be reducing our package immediately by going down to smaller tv package and getting rid of two receivers, and that is only until we can research and replace cable altogether. We are going to look into Apple TV, Roku, and Hulu Plus. Now is the time to do it I believe, since it's summer, and you won't miss it so much. By the end of summer, we'll be used to our new way of watching programs, and happy that we're saving probably at least $100/mo. I am so done with the arguing for fair pricing. We do not feel valued at all. We're just not sure where to get internet/phone from, as we know if we stay with AT&T, they will jack up those rates since we don't have it bundled with TV. Every which they can screw you, they do. Tired of playing their game. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.