For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
alazib's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 2:05 AM

Overcharge

Uverse Acct. No. xxxxxxxxx

On 5-4-2016, Kathy in the Missouri office gave me a "One Time $40.00 payment for the month", which I promptly paid on the same day. This was in lieu of the $53 bill. TO DATE, this One Time $40 payment offer has NOT POSTED on my account. Quite the contrary: You posted $13 unpaid, and in the new bill you charged me a $9 late fee -- that's $22 over the $40 for the month of April that was given to me by Karen, Missouri office xxxxxxxxxx, on 5-4-16 at 6:35pm PST.
I called from xxxxxxxxxx -- you have a traceable log of my call.
Please Fix This.
Thank you.
Alexander Zx
Uverse Acct. No[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

8 years ago

@alazib, you have made a post an a public forum provided for AT&T users to communicate with other AT&T users. You should not post your full name or any identifying or private information such as your account number or telephone number in such a forum.

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, you should have no expectation that any particular action will come from such a post (e.g. looking up or adjusting anything having to do with your account).

You should instead click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three. You can speed things up by including your name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you in the Private Message (not in a reply to this thread).

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

This is a confusing site. There is no Customer Care button. So you have to "hack" it to learn how to use it. OK, so the "envelope" goes to the Private Message (PM), which goes to Customet Care; Got It. Thank You. BTW, I need the ATT Agent Of Service for Legal Service of a lawsuit. ATT does not give this out. I'm in Northern California Oroville/Chico area. Anybody know how to Serve ATT?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@alazib  Better read the terms, have to go thru arbitration b4 any legal recourse, by your how to serve comment. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Don't hold your breath, it is almost impossible to get in touch with any one in the U. S., had problems myself, have tried everything to get an answer to my problem, haven't been sucessful yet

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

May 23, 2016 2:03:28 PM

( 1)

Contributor

Don't hold your breath, it is almost impossible to get in touch with any one in the U. S., had problems myself, have tried everything to get an answer to my problem, haven't been sucessful yet

@Phillipines

How right you are!

I have had a number of issues both technical and billing and NEVER have any been properly addressed and corrected, even after dozens of calls and even sending an e mail to 

ATTCustomerCare that the ACE members keep suggesting...NO HELP WHATSOEVER. 

USELESS.  

The amusing thing is that by refusing to address my legit concerns I have decided to NOT spend any more money on service and upgrade to U Verse, so AT&T is cutting their nose off despite themselves, and losing many more thousands of dollars from me every year...LOLSmiley Tongue

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

I am going to call ATT today. I hope for the best. The Problem: I was paying $47/month for Max Plus 18mbps down 1mbps up, on a special rate. Last month my 1 year special was up. New rate $62/month; new prorated bill due last month $53. --> Called ATT and was given a "One Time payment due for $40 for the month". (Woo! Hoo!) Thank Kathy in Missouri Customer Service profusely. Pay $40. --> May 10 my new bill arrives: $84 (WT-!?) which is for $62 new rate + $13 past due (ATT did not apply the $40 special) + $9 late fee (Wow) = $84. --> Since I posted this "complaint" thread ATT has applied the One Time $40 rate and reduced my bill by $13. My new bill on line is $71. Wait! What? It should be $62. Oh! The $9 late fee! What did you say ATT?: "HaHaHaHaHa!" ... Oh. You're laughing at me ATT?: "Yes Alex! You little wothless peon customer! HaHaHaHaHa!" ... Oh. Ok. *chuckle chuckle* Ya Got me ATT. *chuckle chuckle* ... Oh, BTW: the $9 late fee? Fix It! And the new $62 rate? Make Me Happy! ... IPDSL aka ADSL2+ running Max Plus 18: Make_Me_Happy

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

I was wrong. There were no adjustments.. My bill is still $84.That is the amount due on ATT billing. They are looking into it. As of today, there are no adjustments. $62 for regular Max Plus + $13 dollars past due (the $40 one time payment for the month was never entered by customer service -- this is my fault for not calling back to verify that the CustServRep was doing her job correctly, and also my fault for not transporting myself instantly from California to tbe Missouri office and entering the information myself. It's in the TermsOfService, ya know.) + $9 late fee = $84... $22 overcharge dispute has not yet been addressed nor resolved. I arranged to make the $84 payment in 2 weeks, in hopes of getting it resolved before then. I am being patient.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

8 years ago

@alazib wrote:
I was wrong. There were no adjustments.. My bill is still $84.That is the amount due on ATT billing. They are looking into it. As of today, there are no adjustments. $62 for regular Max Plus + $13 dollars past due (the $40 one time payment for the month was never entered by customer service -- this is my fault for not calling back to verify that the CustServRep was doing her job correctly, and also my fault for not transporting myself instantly from California to tbe Missouri office and entering the information myself. It's in the TermsOfService, ya know.) + $9 late fee = $84... $22 overcharge dispute has not yet been addressed nor resolved. I arranged to make the $84 payment in 2 weeks, in hopes of getting it resolved before then. I am being patient.

What do you mean by "they are looking into it". Who? Did you contact customer care as advised above?

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

I called ATT Customer Service. They told me they will file a "dispute". So far no response to the "filed dispute". Do I KNOW that the dispute was filed? Of course not. We have to go on FAITH, right? What Proof do I have? My recording. ... I will probably call customer service tomorrow. I have to set aside about 1 hour of free time, as that is my average for customer service calls-- oh yes, and setting up the recording equipment. ... I might try to PM with the blue envelope, but I have found that not to be very reliable ; usually just a glib response. Anyway, yeah; just waiting to see any activity on myatt online billing page.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.