For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Denizzz's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 10:47 AM

Being charged a $7 monthly modem fee even though i purchased one

I got Uverse around last December. I opted for the $99 purchase (three installments) instead of the monthly fee. I had no issues until i recently moved into new apartment couple of months ago. My speeds were reduced because of the area i currently live in but so was my monthly charge because of the speed reduction. All was fine until the first bill at my new location came with the modem charge even though i am using my original, purchased modem and no additional equipment has been provided to me by the technician who came to install. Yes, they charged me seperately for transfering my service. This is a recurring charge that should not be.

Now, i have to deal with customer service each billing period and explain my situation all over again because of the gits you employ. And everytime i call i have to waste at least two hours to "resolve" this issue even though its staring them right into their git faces! The charges for the modem are on my first three bills, ffs! I own it! They give me the same run around every time just to waste my time for no good reason. It's been "escalated" they told me. Honestly, i've just f'ing had it with your atrocious and mumbling twits of a customer service!

What other options do i have left besides filing a complaint with the FCC and canceling this service?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

You moved.  You lost your grandfathered status.  Because your device was less than a year old, and if you kept the same account number during your move, maybe there is hope that you can get the grandfathered status re-established.

Please click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three. You can speed things up by including your name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

So i paid $99 for nothing because of your employers b-s business tactics? Isn't that quaint?

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@Denizzz wrote:

So i paid $99 for nothing because of your employers b-s business tactics? Isn't that quaint?

I think you can get up to $300 in rewards cards for keeping U-verse after moving.  I've seen ads on TV about it.  I'd check on it.

chiefdore

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Canceling my service and switching to a service provider than doesn't treat my like *** was much more appealing to me.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Denizzz wrote:

Canceling my service and switching to a service provider than doesn't treat my like *** was much more appealing to me.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Good luck with your new provider!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.