For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
blynnie's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 5:44 PM

non U-verse voice calls

We recently signed up for ATT U-verse.  We signed up for U300, and U-Verse Voice 250.  The information we received said as follows.

AT&T U-Verse Voice 250

250 minutes of calling each month to anyone in the U.S. and U.S. territories.

When we got the bill, We were charged for all non U-Verse voice calls.

We called the 1 800 number on the bill and were informed that the 250 minutes were only to U-verse customers.   So we were charged for all non U-Verse voice calls.  We didn't want that since most of our calls are to non-Uverse numbers.  She said we would have to switch to U-Verse unlimited which is $10 more a month.  We made the switch but are not happy with the misrepresentation.

Nowhere was this stated in the literature. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I sent Alex a PM and was pleased that someone from ATT called me to explain what happened. 

Since it was a partial month they had prorated the minutes for that week to 73 minutes and then charged me for the minutes over that.  When I called the 1-800# they gave me some misinformation.

I just finished talking with the Manager.  She explained what had happened and took care of it to our satisfaction.  I am very pleased with the way ATT followed up on this matter.

Thank You to all involved!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@blynnie wrote:

We called the 1 800 number on the bill and were informed that the 250 minutes were only to U-verse customers.   So we were charged for all non U-Verse voice calls.  We didn't want that since most of our calls are to non-Uverse numbers.  She said we would have to switch to U-Verse unlimited which is $10 more a month.  We made the switch but are not happy with the misrepresentation.

That makes no sense.  The 250 minutes are for all outgoing calls not just calls made to other U-verse customers.

By the way, calls to other U-verse customers would not use any of the 250 minutes.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Doesn't make sense to me either but I was billed for every call that wasn't to an ATT uverse customer!  I definitely hadn't gone over the 250 minutes either.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

I thought there were some posts on the 250 plan, awhile back saying people were charged for both outgoing and incoming minutes - same as cellphone. Although, the only description of the plan does not provide sufficient detail to cover these issues.

Be sure to call in & get the full story - ask about incoming/outgoing & other U-verse callers.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

You can contact Alex one of the Community Managers via PM and have him look into it. As far as I know you should be able to call anywhere in the US with the 250 plan.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

I agree with JFW, send Alex a PM.  It will be in your best interest.

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks everyone!

@blynnie wrote:

We recently signed up for ATT U-verse.  We signed up for U300, and U-Verse Voice 250.  The information we received said as follows.

AT&T U-Verse Voice 250

250 minutes of calling each month to anyone in the U.S. and U.S. territories.

When we got the bill, We were charged for all non U-Verse voice calls.

Nowhere was this stated in the literature. 

Welcome blynnie and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the billing trouble. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update. We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,
Alex

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the update.  That makes sense.  I had never hear of customer being charge for all calls to non-U-verse customers.

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

Glad to hear that we could help.  Thank you for the update!  🙂

Regards,

Alex

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.