Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 20, 2013
1:13:49 PM
View profile
Email setup in Outlook 2000

My mom just signed on to ATT Uverse. She has Microsoft Outlook 2000. Is there an issue with creating an account with that old of an email program. I can't get it to work

My mom just signed on to ATT Uverse. She has Microsoft Outlook 2000. Is there an issue with creating an account with that old of an email program. I can't get it to work

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2013 1:53:52 PM
(0)
Expert
Outlook 2000 might not work properly with the SSL that is used with AT&T's e-mail.

You may need a minimum of Outlook 2003.
Accepted Solution

Email setup in Outlook 2000

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 1:31:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Follow the steps in this link to set up your email client.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Follow the steps in this link to set up your email client.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Email setup in Outlook 2000

2 of 6 (2,814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 1:40:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
I followed those steps and Outlook acts as if there is no email account. I've been on the phone with att help and they aren't sure why it isnt working. That's why I'm wondering if it's just too old of an email program for att uverse email
I followed those steps and Outlook acts as if there is no email account. I've been on the phone with att help and they aren't sure why it isnt working. That's why I'm wondering if it's just too old of an email program for att uverse email

3 of 6 (2,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 20, 2013 1:53:52 PM
(0)
Expert
Outlook 2000 might not work properly with the SSL that is used with AT&T's e-mail.

4 of 6 (2,796 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 1:57:10 PM
(0)
Contributor
okay. Thats what I was worried about. Thanks for your reply.
okay. Thats what I was worried about. Thanks for your reply.

5 of 6 (2,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2013 2:06:46 PM
(0)
Professor
You can always use Mozilla Thunderbird.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

6 of 6 (2,786 Views)