For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
RhodesMan's profile
ACE - Guru

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 4:05 AM

Is my line good enough to go 6Mb?

I had Uverse U200 plus 3mb internet installed last week.

The tech said that I was a few thousand feet from the node and that the capacity reading was about 55%.

He said that this was not great but should be OK. He also mentioned that there was some other gadget from AT&T that could be installed if required to improve performance if there were problems.

So far standard definition tv has been fine, I have not yet signed up for HD.

My TV is a web enabled one and I would like to start subscribing to the various online movie sites and get some HD content. The suggestion is that one should have at least a 6mb line to do this.

The AT&T free Uverse speed test reports

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2875 kbps (359.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 263 kbps (32.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 102 ms
Monday, November 29, 2010 7:50:30 PM

How would I find out if the above line/speed statistics are good enough to support moving up to 6mb?

Doesnt the latency seem very high?

Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Please download U-Verse Realtime, install it, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots here in the forum, you will need to upload them to a photo sharing site, like Picasa, Google, Photobucket, ImageShack, etc.

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

13 years ago

I downloaded Realtime and here are the results. There is no date for the Coax/Hpna tab.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, 6Mbps Internet should work fine.

I don't see anything wrong with your installation other than you are quite far away from the VRAD.  The only thing that does is limits TV viewing (maximum of 2 simultaneous HD streams), and limits the maximum Internet speed you can get to 12 Mbps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.