For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Raeosunshine59's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 14th, 2013 2:48 AM

Why do some of my DVR recordings disappear?

I record "The Voice" and other singing shows.  For the past two or more weeks the performance recordings disappear from my DVR (before I get a chance to see them) when the next day's recording of the results show begins.  I have over 45% space available on the DVR.  There is no one else around to manually erase them.  What's happening?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I will assume that you have series record set up?  Go to the one/ones your having issues with and check to see what you have set on number of recordings to keep in recording options.  I had all of mine set to Keep until space needed, and noticed some were disappearing.  Went to the series settings and some were switched to keep 1 recording causing them to erase the next time a new show came on.

I'm not sure why or what made them change because no one at my home changed them.  I did get a replacement DVR a few months back so maybe that had something to do with it.  SO far once I put the setting back it has not changed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I had 200 recordings erase overnight last night! Customer Service has no answer for me! Any help?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Same thing here... VERY ANNOYING to say the least.  Still no word back from AT&T.  Chatted several times, had someone on forums touch base but never got back to me in a few days after I replied and now they are sending someone out tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be able to resolve it... right?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

@tigers27 wrote:

Same thing here... VERY ANNOYING to say the least.  Still no word back from AT&T.  Chatted several times, had someone on forums touch base but never got back to me in a few days after I replied and now they are sending someone out tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be able to resolve it... right?

Hopefully they'll resolve what ever issue you have with your DVR but they won't be able to recover the recordings.  Sorry.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Before ATT, I had recordings that never changed, always available. Last night, two episodes of "Elementary" vanished! One of those I was 20 minutes into watching when it stopped and disappeared along with the next episode from the schedule. I have also lost recorded copies of "Frozen" and "Life of Pi"—and NO, they were free recordings not directv cinema purchases. What gives with the new unreliable service?

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

8 years ago

I actually came here looking for anwers for the same question, and ironically it was also Elementary. They were set to record, were actually recording and then when I went to start looking at them an hour later they had disappeared, along with the recording for the MTV Awards and Morgan Freeman's The Story of God. What's up?

I can find the episodes on On Demand, but that is so annoying as I like to fall asleep with the TV on and set on timer. That means that if I fall asleep before the end, the next time I go back to that programme I can't fast forward to the spot I fell asleep on. I have been told that the reason for the inability not to fast forward is so that you have to watch the ads inbetween, but in many cases there is only one add, and I generally use ad time to brush teeth etc., so I have stopped looking at old shows on On-Demand. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

DawnGwin - after trying to find a solution to my recordings disappearing I saw your post. I specifically recall having Frozen and Life of Pi recorded. I also recall having National Treasure and McFarland USA recorded. McFarland I've recorded three times now and still it disappears. I wonder if it's channel related movies that are disappearing.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.