For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Rockingkitty's profile

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 6:01 AM

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

15 years ago

Because the whole system will explode (crash).  They tried a major years ago all on the same day to everyone, and brought everything to a halt!  Some big football game on as well, if I recall...no Internet or TV.

Believe me, YOU don't want a repeat of that! :smileywink:

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

15 years ago

Hello people,

Brand new (2 weeks) UVERSE customer here in SA, TX.  I got the phase II update w/new guides and abilities on the 2 STB we have about 5 days ago, but as of this a.m.  STILL nothing with the surround sound menus.  From reading here & other forums the dd 5.1 should take about anther 24 hrs to kick in, but 6 days later and still nothing!!  Is this an issue I should call tier1 or 2 about or just keep waiting??  Thanks very much and this is a wonderful forum for us newbs.  Robert G

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

15 years ago

Welcome to UT and UV. :smileywink:

I'd wait as it will come.  Best advice, hang out here and you'll HEAR immediately as people start posting when they get the rest.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

15 years ago

Thanx for the quick reply demund...Funny, I was actually waiting for a tech to pick up the phone while I was typing and once connected, I explained what I was looking for and she didn't even have a clue about ANY updates at all.  I was like "thank you" and just hung up...Cheers.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

15 years ago

Yeah, best source of info is here...people let you know right away when they see something new!

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

15 years ago

Well, more new news for me...While I was on the phone earlier, the girl must have tried to push it through, I went downstairs to my main box and turned on the tv and had the "gears" showing.  After waiting about 10 mins, restarted and BAM, there it is under the menu options.  Yeah for me...Thanx again.  Robert

Guru

• 

532 Messages

15 years ago

@bdgriff wrote:
Well, more new news for me...While I was on the phone earlier, the girl must have tried to push it through, I went downstairs to my main box and turned on the tv and had the "gears" showing.  After waiting about 10 mins, restarted and BAM, there it is under the menu options.  Yeah for me...Thanx again.  Robert

You mean the surround sound function? Good for you... It usually comes in after a while, just after getting the new guide and recording feature part of the update.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

Phase 2 is here in Trumbull CT.  It was waiting for me when I got home.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

15 years ago

You mean the surround sound function? Good for you... It usually comes in after a while, just after getting the new guide and recording feature part of the update.

Yeah, I knew I had to have a little patience, but 6 days was starting to make me nervous after ALL the issues I've had with customer service and 20 phone calls later trying to get my old phone number from Time warner ported over.  It was nice to get some direct help today from Tier 2.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

Where in Indy?  I'm on the far westside of the county and don't have it. 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.