For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
iamnobody72's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 8th, 2013 3:20 PM

NVG510 not bridgeable, no 2210 offered anymore

So, I have found all kinds of solutions to place the NVG510 into a "bridge mode" on the internet and old forums, but now as of 4/xx/2013 they say it can't be done anymore.  So I asked for a Motorola 2210, as that is what I used at my business location to set up passthrough mode so we could run our business our way.

My question,

What is the replacement device so I can use my equipment behind the IP DSLAM gateway  NVG510 that was sent to me?

Kevin

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

^^^ In the above post/screenshots, I'm assuming I want to check "use static IP address", correct? And then enter the IP address, subnet IP address and gateway IP address, correct?

That one screenshot is actually a little different than what I have, but you get the idea.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @soulweeper,

You are correct. If you have the gateway configured properly, you can have it obtain the IP, but I would suggest doing it via use Static and inputting all the information.

-David T

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Yep....did it today, and it works perfect!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please clarify for me. "Is the function of the "cascaded router", to implement a 2nd WAN/LAN segment for purposes other then pass-through"? I would love to brick my NVG510 except to act as a bridge connection to my NetGear 610, ATT support kiddies, tells me that this is not possible. I am just trying to take back control of my LAN and DNS in my WAN. Any ideas, maybe some trickery? Cat Wink Robot Frustrated

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.