Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
missfae's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 18th, 2013 11:07 PM

Is it possible to connect my uverse through my dvd player?

I have a magnavox dvd/vhs recorder.  Since I've gotten uverse, I can no longer view the dvd player through my television since the uverse is connected to my tv which is an emerson.

Is it possible to have the uverseconnected to my dvd player and the player to the tv?

I mix being able to exercise to my dance central.

Thank you for any help you are able to give me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

missfae - You probably have a couple of simple options.

Is the problem caused because the DVD was connected to the TV by three wires colored yellow, red and white. When u-verse was installed the DVD wires were removed & the u-verse box was connected to the TV with similar wires?

You can get a short piece of COAX and connect the U-verse box to the TV with it & reconnect the DVD the way it was.

With this connection, you can watch u-verse by tuning the TV to channel 3 and watch DVD on video input. Same as before & where u-verse is now.

Or, you should be able connect the u-verse output to an input on the DVD & connect the DVD to the TV the way it was before. You will have to figure out how to tune the DVD between U-verse and playing a DVD.

If you would like addl help please post model numbers for the TV & DVD.

A short COAX should be readily available from Radio Shack, Target, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, a u-verse tech, a cable tech, friends and family

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you so much.  This works perfectly.HeartCat Very Happy

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

missfae - Thanks for recognizing that your problem is solved. Just out of curiosity - Which way did you choose? COAX or through the DVD.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I went through the Coax....  I'll redo for the dvd later.  hugs and thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.