For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
skop57's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 24th, 2015 4:41 PM

Porting existing AT&T phone to U-Verse

After 1 hour plus on the phone (much of that time on hold) trying to get my home phone ported over to U-Verse, I am told it will not be activated for another 4 days. We have had very nice technicians twice come to set up and try to activate with no success. Finally today one technician found out that it is due to a problem with Cingular. I was confused, so I called and was told that it is because of a "handshake agreement" with Cingular wireless that my number is not activated yet. This is a number that I have had and been paying for with AT&T for years. While waiting for the "handshake agreement" to be complete for two weeks now, we are unable to use our phone, yet we are still paying for it. I was transferred to sales and told that nothing can be done to expedite it. In the meantime we were given a temporary number until we can get our original number back. Can anything be done to migrate customers' phone numbers in a quicker manner? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Footnote:  The activation does not require a service call. We were given a number to call for "quick" activation.....in 4 days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.