For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
jimymac's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 3:38 AM

mcafee subscription ran out.why?

I 've had att a very long time and have had free virus protection from mcafee as well.Does my changing over to u-verse recently have any thing to do with my mcafee subscription expiring?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Hi if your migrating from DSL to Uverse you'll need to renew your mcafee subscription.You can download macafee here http://www.att.net/iss with your Access ID /Member ID login info. You might need to uninstall and reinstall the new software but im pretty sure that it would do that automatically for you. If you have any questions you can either call Att Support Team or Sent a PM to Customer Care

You might also find downloading the myattapp for troubleshooting,billing related question or anything particullar about your services 🙂

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@jimymac   I would never load that McAfee bloatware on my computer.  I have great service from free AVG.  Can see other free options here:

Free anti-virus spyware

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@CareExpert wrote:

Hi if your migrating from DSL to Uverse you'll need to renew your mcafee subscription.You can download macafee here http://www.att.net/iss with your Access ID /Member ID login info. You might need to uninstall and reinstall the new software but im pretty sure that it would do that automatically for you. If you have any questions you can either call Att Support Team or Sent a PM to Customer Care

You might also find downloading the myattapp for troubleshooting,billing related question or anything particullar about your services 🙂

There is not a version for Win 10 anyways.  My free AVG was already for Win 10 when I installed Win 10 July 29th.

When Win 10 installs, it automatically deletes uncompatible programs. 😉

Chris

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@CareExpert wrote:

There is not a version for Win 10 anyways.  My free AVG was already for Win 10 when I installed Win 10 July 29th.

When Win 10 installs, it automatically deletes uncompatible programs. 😉

Chris

Not true,

I just installed Win 10 from Win 7 a week ago and all is fine with McAfee. It was untouched and is working well.  

McAfee, as you always say, may take up a lot of resources but it is listed as the best on some sites. If a program is using resources, it probably is working better than others.  As far as free antivirus, I used to have Avast.  It seemed okay, but I got tired of annying pop-ups trying to get you to upgrade.  http://www.bestonlinesecurity.com/

• McAfee Antivirus excels in performance tests conducted by independent software labs
  • The software does not slow down system performance
  • The virus scanner accurately detects malware

Don't listen to mibrnsurg.  Stay with McAfee. When you load it, it will auto clean any previous anti-virus.  

chiefdore

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

8 years ago

@chiefdore wrote:

While I can agree with much of what you said, this first statement is a humongus joke.  It most certainly does, as all AV's do.  The question is to what degree.  

As for the second statement, I've removed more malware infections from systems with McAfee installed than with any other AV package, paid or unpaid.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@chiefdore wrote:

While I can agree with much of what you said, this first statement is a humongus joke.  It most certainly does, as all AV's do.  The question is to what degree.  

As for the second statement, I've removed more malware infections from systems with McAfee installed than with any other AV package, paid or unpaid.

That was just a copy and paste from the site I mentioned where it says "read more".

Don't kill the messenger. 🙂

chiefdore

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

I'm technologically challenged and even I avoid McAfee like the plague!

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Yeah, but you're a liberal in Texas.  lol

chiefdore

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

@chiefdore wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Yeah, but you're a liberal in Texas.  lol

chiefdore

True dat!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Well, gee, you're no help at all

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.