For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lonestar12's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 4:06 AM

Open Port 80

can you please help me open up Port 80? It keeps blocking me no matter what I do.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @lonestar12,

I will be glad to help you with this. One thing worth trying if the ports are not opening is to set the device in DMZ or passthrough mode just for testing purposes. Below are posts that go over it. Just choose the one that matches your U-verse Gateway.

If you are trying to open port 80 to a Windows PC, you can check to see if the computer is listening by typing:

netstat -a 

in the Windows command prompt to look at all the connections.

Hope this helps.

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I am opening them with a Mac. I opened them according to my router but if I got to canyouseeme.org or any other site like that everything is blocked. I can't access my home media center outside of my home. Do I need to do anything else?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

If you go to your network utility and check under netstat, you can view all the socket connections for your device.

netstat_mac.png

Look for the IP address and you will see it followed by the port number. If it is not listed and set to listen, then there will be no response from your device on that port. Make sure the program is running and working on the correct port.

Hope this helps.

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

It still isn't working. any other suggestions?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Were you able to locate the device on your list?

-ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.