For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
JosephB_1's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 11:03 PM

New ATT Page - My Customized News Content is Gone !!! - Was the Most Important Feature

How do I put the CNET and PCWorld News Stories Content back on this New ATT Home ???

.... This customized News Stories Content is the Most Important Feature of using the ATT Home Page for me, but now its gone and that was the main reason why I used ATT for My Home Page. ... Very Frustrated with this customized news content removal.

... So, what Home Page can I use now to have Customized News Content ???  --- Any one have a Suggestion ???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Been increasingly disappointed with AT&T.  Modem problems, dealing with outsourced workers who cant do anything other than read from a teleprompter with ZERO human capacity, persistant dropped connections, annoying changes to the look of AT&T and their billing site that make me nauseous.  Now Im annoyed enough to go out of my way to create an account to post here and say how much I am further angered by this FORCED change of my homepage.  Obviously, I am not alone.   We customized our homepages to OUR (the CUSTOMER's) liking and AT&T flushes it all and forces some useless/generic template of mundane information for us to start off every internet experience with.    I am shopping for a new way ti access the internet........ thank goodness for competition.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

http://webtrends.about.com/od/personalizedstartpages/ig/7-Best-Custom-Start-Pages/

Found this on the web for those that want to customize their start page

I really do not think AT&T will change new page or will allow us to use old page for very long I figured out yesterday how to reset home page back to old page but had to do it again this morning  of course  It appears that AT&T had 1  of The 7 Best Custom Start Pages

before they messed with things  now there are only 6 and when I checked igoogle I think it will no longer be avaliable in November

I highly doubt ranting will do any good so I am exploring options  instead

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thanks! Have learned a new vocabulary with this "improvement."

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Scholar

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Molecule,

I am in no way trying to make light of your anger, as I too, am angry over this (as others have termed it) fiasco. However, I couldn't help but laugh at your comparison to "New Coke." Not because it's not true, as it most certainly is a valid comparison, but because you've just outed your general age, lol. I too, remember the "New Coke" fiasco. I was at away camp, and read about it in the local newspaper. I remember well the general uproar over the new product, and the ATTEMPT to replace the "Old Coke/Coke Classic" as it's now known, and how it MASSIVELY FAILED.

Just like this move by AT&T is sure to fail. However, what stuns me, is the general lack of knowledge of the Customer Service Representatives regarding this move. It seems that outside of the Technical Service Department, NO ONE in AT&T claims to even be aware that the home page was messed with/changed.

So, once again, I SERIOUSLY SUGGEST that everyone CALL AT&T to complain about this issue, and continue to make them aware of this problem and the fact that you are seriously considering leaving AT&T if this is the continued direction that they plan to head in.

Someone made mention that this is what Facebook does. I wouldn't know, as I don't have (nor want) a Facebook account, but all I know about this new home page, is that with as generic as it is, and all the sensationalized news they're trying to shove down people's throats, it reminds me of the National Enquirer, and that kind of "news." I'm sorry, but I'm not a simpleton who cares about who made what alien baby, and who's divorcing whom, etc. That is not news. That is entertainment, and as entertainment is subjective, I want to be allowed to choose what I am entertained by, and it is certainly not what AT&T apparently considers "entertainment," nor is it my idea of "news," and AT&T needs to understand that we, as PAYING consumers, have a choice, and if they choose not to fix this problem that THEY have created, WE have the choice to go elsewhere.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. and we still have choices of where we take our business, and what content we want to view and learn more about.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I like the old home page also. You could change the back grounds for the holidays. I could just go and click on my tracking tab, now I have to find out where to find it. I'm not a computor whiz so I don't understand some of this stuff!  

I want the old home page back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If I was the CEO or Chairman of ATT, I would call in all the software engineers, marketing people and especially their bosses and give them all an envelope with their final paycheck and a note that says LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!  Why would they think that I want to see what they want me to see.  I want to see my stocks without seeing the DJA or S&P500.  But I'm forced to because some imbecile thinks they know my life better than me.  It gets me that when setting up a portfolio, it gives you the option of seeing the leading indicators.  I did not choose any of them.  When I click on finance the first thing I see are the leading indicators.  If I want to see MY portfolio, I have to click 2 more times.  The weather is another one.  I don't care about the weather at "My location", because that is not my location.  It's miles away.  I have no clue to exactly where it is.  Also the default location is where I have a post office box that I visit 2 times a week.  Why would I care about the weather at the post office.  I tried to make the changes per their instructions, but they don't work.   The old system wasn't perfect, but if I wanted to check my stocks, I looked at the top middle column.  How did my sports teams do yesterday?  Bottom middle.  Sports news top left.  I set things up as they were of interest to me.  Not some self-important donkey (I couldn't say jackbleep) in a cubicle 2,000 miles away.  I'll give them a little time to fix it, but in the meantime, I'm going to check out other services.  That will go for my phone service also.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I do not like the new AT&T home page.  I do not like the photos moving by themselves, nor do I like not having alot of items to look at (as it was before the change). 

I found it very difficult to find where to set up this message.  It needs to be easier for folks like me who are NOT computer gurus.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Sata
If you would have been a Telco Employee you would have really made fun of my age as Pic BBox's were introduced B4 New Coke.
PS I'm exploring Firefox Just in case they remove the Yahoo link
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.