For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
JeJe-o-4's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2019 12:02 AM

Why is Com.Vzw.apnlib on my AT&T Galaxy S8?

Norton antivirus just alerted me that this app was exhibiting unusual behavior. I understand this is a Verizon app? Why is it on my new-out-of-the-box-from -AT&T-phone in the first place?! And what do I do about it?

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

It is not a malware. It is "False positive" by Norton. I've had Norton for years and it is always was flagging even established software. Also you have this app because it is sometimes preinstalled to use Verizon towers.

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Doesn't answer the question as to what the app is or does.

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

It is a verizon app 100% for messaging and other things like my Verizon.  if it's on phone . Means your phone is using Verizon for something  just go to your files or apps settings search verizon.  or vzn lilbil . Files is where I would start or access your special folder click phone info in settings then on build 6 to 8 times it will say done then leave an find under settings developer settings or menu.  look for running apps an you will see all apps now don't push on just anything if you aren't  knowledgeable in computer software or you will mess up phone . You can Google what everything does an if u need it ect...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.