For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
AmeliaO's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 13th, 2015 12:21 PM

Stolen phones

My ex has stolen two devices attatched to my account. He is using another SIM card in the devices. Both of the devices are on the NEXT plan with a remaining balance that I'm still having to pay. What can I do? I've suspended service to both lines, but that does nothing since he is using new SIM cards. Help please!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Have you reported them as stolen and blocked the imei? That will make them unusable on att network to my understanding. If they are iPhones you can lock then using I cloud (if enabled) and it asks for you icloud username and password upon factory reset. Samsung phones have something similar for newer phones called reactivation lock (again if enabled). https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?pId=W_Lost_Stolen_TSP if you have insurance you can pay a deductible for replacement of the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have reported both stolen and suspended service on both. One is a phone, the other is a tablet. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. I'm not sure about the tablet, but I know for sure that he is still using the phone, but using his company SIM card in the handset. I haven't ever had access to that phone, so I have no idea if there were any programs installed on it to be able to lock it out, but I doubt it. I've been paying for these two lines for him in addition to three others for almost a year, and since he's run off with them, I can't afford to even pay my bill to keep my three lines active. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Since my phone doesn't have a carrier I'll pay for it so wasn't turned on find my friend app is not installed I just wanted to be turned off and I have a serial number but that's not good enough for them it won't turn it off for me

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No I haven’t 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.