Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
d054106's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 28th, 2015 2:33 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 Error - SIM Card Removed - Unable to detect your SIM card.

This issues just started with my phone last week...  Has anyone been given any solutions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @d054106

I’m sorry to hear your device is no longer reading your SIM card! I’d be happy to help! For our troubleshooting, we’ll start with the easiest options first and work through to the last resorts. First possible cause is the SIM card itself. We can replace your SIM for free at any AT&T company store and can help you test it there to make sure the issue is resolved.

Should the SIM replacement not solve the issue, the next thing to rule out would be a software problem. We would recommend performing backup (Kies 3 is great for this) to save your information, then perform a factory reset to clear any software issues. Once reset, we can then restore your information back to the device! For a guide on how to backup and restore via Kies, click here.

If these steps have no effect, we’re likely looking at a hardware issue and should see warranty support. A Device Support Center would be the best route to have your device replaced under warranty if it is less than 1 year old and free from physical or liquid damage. To find the nearest DSC check out our Store Locator and search by your ZIP. Then click the Filter Results link to filter by Wireless Device Warranty Support. All listed DSC locations can assist with your device update.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

*** is the SIM card how can I activate for my number

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Replace SD and simcard reader or tray.
Read my post by playhomes.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.