For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Without freedom though, with Apple devices everything has to go through
itunes. I'll wait for the update. The issue isn't android but at&t not
getting us the updates on time.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I would like to know as a paying customer when will my s6 edge plus receives it's official update to android marshmallow. If there is not going to be an update, or if I can't get a ETA, then I will take my business else where! This is absolutely ridiculous, the communications and three sense of urgency from this company is pathetic.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

Looks like another day gone and no update for anyone.. Why even have this forum? 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

The note 6 or 7 whatever they are calling it according to CNET gets announced Aug 2 so we will probably get the update around the middle of Aug or somewhere around that if ever I sideloaded mine and had no problems with it at all been running on it for a little over 2 weeks and just got a security update lastnight Ota

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

You got a Ota with a side loaded mm update? If you did it could be the final build.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Yes I did I thought it was weird also

Explorer

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

What build were you running when you got the update and what build do you have now?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I can't believe that we are still on Lollipop.....this is ridiculous! August 2nd(Note 7) couldn't come fast enough! If I'm going to switch carriers, I might as well have the latest and greatest phones for my family. Android N will be out before the Note 5 gets Marshmallow 😞 Can we at least get a real release date on Marshmallow for the AT&T Note 5?

Other carriers should have a special deal for us AT&T Note 5 users to switch, who are abandoned by AT&T within a year of the phones release.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Hi crxlilmikey1377, I am thinking of sideloading as well. There so many post on XDA. Which one did you used. Can you share the link. I gave up any hope on AT&T and as skygunner27 stated i myself will change carriers as well. This will happen again in future phones so why suffer, they are just a carrier like many other so why loyalty to AT&T, THey make money out us so they should at least have the respect to give an update on Marshmallow and dont even bother calling CS, they useless.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If fully testing an update takes this long (8 months and counting since Lollipop was released), there's something terribly wrong with the process. The transparency and communication to your customers about the update timeline is pathetic.

I have literally been a customer for 17 years, since this company was called Bellsouth Mobility, and at this pace I will be requesting unlock codes for my current devices, cancelling service, and moving to T-Mobile.

By the way, my S5 is still stuck on Lollipop 5.1.1, but my Note 5 is running Marshmallow 6.0.1 MMB29K. Not because AT&T pushed it, but because I had to circumvent their update process and install it myself, manually. It has significantly improved it in both battery life and performance, and I haven't run into a single bug. Every day this update isn't being pushed to your Note 5 customers is a slap in the face.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.