For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
taliawhite's profile

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 8:04 PM

Marshmallow 6.0 for Note 5?

Why is it that every carrier except AT&T has updated Note 5 to Marshmallow. TMObile released theirs yesterday. We are the only carrier without it! Makes me want to switch!

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

When will we get the update then bc this is ridiculous that we don't have it yet

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Yup, It is ridiculous. Imagine when Note 7 comes out. We will have to wait again for future updates. What makes me mad is that even Sprint, the worst carrier has the update out. Nexus 6P is on special or $419 unlock. I think it is a better option. People are side loading the update but that is risky, not in terms of side loading because it is easy, but i bet 100% AT&T will release an update just to screw up those people who side loaded just because AT&T are a bunch of pricks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Even if att does release a different build number you can still Odin back to 5.1.1

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Just an FYI. The Marshmallow that a lot of people are talking about was not found on an AT&T server. The copy they are refering to is a developer copy on the XDA forum. Letting you know by definition that makes it 3rd party software and to sideload it on your phone will void your warranty. I heard the arguments that say this is the "official" copy and says so on your phones info. It might be an official developer copy but nothing more. It is NOT official until AT&T gets off their butts and releases it to us OTA. So if you are impatient and wish to sideload it on your phone you do so at your own peril.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Then why can't you take the responsibility to text that to ALL Note 5 owners? You do realize that because you are dragging your heels with this update that many people are voiding their warranties on thier phones by sideloading the update via a developer copy on the XDA forum? Instead of showing me and other customers that you even remotely care for us you are silent. You need to do something. No one is buying it anymore that you are working to assure that the update works. It has been nearly 2 months since the last carrier got Marshmallow on their Note 5s. Are your software engineers that incompetant that they can't fix basic bugs in 2 months time? I don't buy it anymore and neither does anyone else. The fact is that you need to come clean as a business and tell us the exact reason you are late or if you scrubbed the Marshmallow update altogether. Rumors are flying all over the place. Step up to the plate and do the right thing. Level with us. I am mature enough to handle the truth. If is your choice to scrub Marshmallow you need to tell us and your need to honor the warranties of those who went 3rd party. Just stop lying to us. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Um someone might want to do some research. The builds on XDA are from the att software update server that does ota updates. Actually the links are to att's download server. Any please explain how warranty is voided since Knox is never tripped. Also they are official builds.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had a choice to stay with Android or move to a 6s Plus.  I mainly stayed with Android because of the higher cost of the Apple Watch and that I figured the Note 5 would get MM a month or two after release.  Guess I need to switch to Apple to get timely updates.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Hey man, i still have my IPhone 6 Plus. I am very disappointed with no 6.0.1 on my Note 5 so i put the sim card on my iPhone 6 plus. Man, after 5 hours i just went back to my Note 5. So either side load the update to your Note 5 and hope for the best AT&T doesn’t screw you in the future or wait for Note 7 or like me I am thinking very hard on moving to T-Mobile. I had enough of this non sense with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

You are 100% right bovineman61. It is a shame what AT&T is doing. At least said something out respect for their customers.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

At this point, it seems like AT&T is holding the Marshmallow update hostage to force us to buy a new phone. Shame on you AT&T 😞 When the Note 6 launches, my family and I will be switching to Verizon.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.