For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
raejoan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 4:40 PM

I can't receive text messages on my Galaxy S5

Its been three days now that I can send text messages but I am not getting any back. How do I fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

@raejoan wrote:

Its been three days now that I can send text messages but I am not getting any back. How do I fix this?

Hi @raejoan,

Thank you for reaching out. We're happy to help. Have you downloaded any new applications recently? We have a few steps we can try. First let's try a Soft Reset by removing your battery for 2-3 minutes. After this, go to your Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Messaging>tap Clear cache. If this doesn't help, follow the same steps until you get to 'All' and then tap Menu>Reset app preferences. You may also try running your device in Safe Mode for 3-4 hours to see if you are able to receive messages. Here are the instructions for that: http://bit.ly/1vkcs06 . Let us know if any of these steps help!

Thanks,

Ema with Samsung Support

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So my boyfriend uses minutes for his phone and I have tried everything he got minutes put on his phone and he can get the messages and he sends a message back but I dont get them. What can I do?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am unable to receive text messages on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active phone... I cannot find any instrutions online about the Active phone....Frustrated and would love any suggestions. I have already tried taking out my battery for 10 seconds then again taking battery out for 4 minutes, cleared message history and still nothing. 

Thank you 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am able to receive text messages from my mom on the same carrier (att) but she cannot receive mine. However with EVERYONE ELSE, this is not an issue. What’s wrong with my phone her phone? I have the iPhone X she has an older galaxy android. I tried all the methods but it won’t work. HEEEEELP!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem!

I am not receiving messages from a few people, both who have AT&T galaxies as well... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.