For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
prescripted's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 3:09 PM

Google Factory Reset Protection

My cousin somehow locked herself out of her S7 since she reset it or something and now it won't let her pass the enter google account screen. She doesn't remember which google account is attached to it. Is there anything at&t can do? She said she took it to at&t and they weren't able to help her, but there must be something they can do no? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

If she has multiple Gmail accounts, she can login on a computer and see which devices are using that Google account.  This is a good way to remove old devices too.

Login to android device manager with the various Google ID she has, it will show all devices authorized with that Google ID.  

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=androidconsole&passive=3600&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fandroid%2Fdevicemanager&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fandroid%2Fdevicemanager&authuser=0

Tap on the arrow to see pup up for other devices.

image.png

if if a device doesn't show here, try google security to see all devices logged in on a Google account.

https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity?pli=1

image.png

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

No it's between here and google

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How can she get support? She doesn't remember the e-mail for the account attached to it. She remembers one that MIGHT have been attached to it at one point, but she isn't sure. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Carrier can't do anything because a reset protection locked phone cannot be exchanged. This is one of those instances where knowing the account that's on the phone is of crucial importance. Because there is no other way into the phone without it. Basically it's a brick until the reset protection is passed.

It's an S7 right? So it got setup not too long ago. There is a Google account on the phone just need to find out which one. Now if the password on that account changes, it triggers a 24 hour grace period before the new password is accepted onto the phone. Google support has no phone number. You'll have to just attempt account recovery through the automated site.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

I would have her try bringing up a Google search page on a computer and then try the possible email and password through the login area there.  If she can't get it to work that way, she'll be at a place to where she can follow instructions on "forgot username/ password" so Google will be able to help her get everything sorted out then, as long as she has a "recovery email" address she entered when she first set up her Google account to which the username and password can be sent.  Once she can get in to her account online, all she's got to do is enter the exact same information on the phone and she'll be good to go.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@prescripted wrote:

How can she get support? She doesn't remember the e-mail for the account attached to it. She remembers one that MIGHT have been attached to it at one point, but she isn't sure. 

@prescripted

I have to ask how do you have a gmail address and not remember it?  I have had the same gmail since android was born.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the SAME issue but I bought the phone from someone off a website and they didn't tell me about the google lock. I tried a hard reset. Doesn't work. Im at a loss and spent my phone $ on one I can't even use... The HTC ppl want. Another $110 to fix it! There's gotta b another wAY if I DONT know the email address synced with the phone when it was set up... This is just ridiculous. I checked the IMEI # out online and the phone is good I just can't use it! HELP!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@KearraMW wrote:
I have the SAME issue but I bought the phone from someone off a website and they didn't tell me about the google lock. I tried a hard reset. Doesn't work. Im at a loss and spent my phone $ on one I can't even use... The HTC ppl want. Another $110 to fix it! There's gotta b another wAY if I DONT know the email address synced with the phone when it was set up... This is just ridiculous. I checked the IMEI # out online and the phone is good I just can't use it! HELP!

blame california for it...  Reactivation lock is like apples icloud.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

The Google lock, just like the iCloud lock can only be removed by the previous owner of the phone.  

Try to get your money back.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The carrier has nothing to do with Google activation lock. Checking an IMEI to see if it's blacklisted is different than this.

There is nothing that can remove or fix this unless you have the Google account info. The seller knew this too and totally scammed you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.