For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
phroggue's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 15th, 2014 3:58 AM

Galaxy S5 WiFi keeps dropping and reconnecting

I have a very strong WiFi signal at home. I connect easily enough, but every few seconds the WiFi signal gets dropped and it reconnects. It's extremely admitting, especially because the connecting message keeps popping up and interrupts typing. Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I also am still having this problem with dropping wifi. i tried all that this forum has to offer with no help to my issue. Please keep me posted to somehow to fix this problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

What is the status on fixing the issues with WiFi after updating?  We are paying good money for services we cannot use.  How about offer us a different phone?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

No, it doesn't fix it.  I know this wi-fi network is up, but my phone keeps ignoring it and scanning.  It didn't do that since the update that caused it the first time, when I unchecked the "Smart" network switch.  Now it just ignores this network and keeps scanning. 

This is an incredible nuisance that costs me money.  How do I stop it?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I already did all that, repeatedly.  Same problem.  This is NOT what I agreed to, and am not getting what I was promised.  How do I fix this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

First, a suggestion;  If you're going to push an update, please make sure the da**** thing works correctly FIRST.

Failing that, How do we remove the update and return to the previous version that worked???

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

This is NOT the solution. I do not have the switch checked and the problem of constant scanning and reconnecting to wifi is still a problem.  

NOT FIXED!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

This is NOT the solution. I do not have the switch checked and the problem of constant scanning and reconnecting to wifi is still a problem.  

NOT FIXED

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Deselecting the "Smart Network Switch" will not stop the constant scanning, and it will not stop all of the dropping and reconnecting.  However, it will stop the wasting of data that will occur if you leave "Smart Network Switch" selected as each time the connection is dropped, it will switch over to using your data.  As annoying as the scanning and disconnecting/reconnecting may be, it's less frequent with that option unchecked, and it won't waste your data. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Not fixed.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

@gknowle1 wrote:

Not fixed.

No, the incessant scanning is not fixed, but we can mitigate the connection dropping and/or data usage issue by deselecting the Smart Network Switch option. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.