For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2015 4:13 AM

Can't upgrade Samsung Galaxy S4 to Lollipop

I have tried to update my phone twice.  It downloads the 900+ MEG.  Then when it tried to apply the update,  it gets to about 32% and then reboots.  Then says the update failed.  When I try and check for update it now says I have to wait 24 hours.

What can I do to get the update.  Have been waiting a long time.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I noticed something interesting. By going to the Application Manager via Settings>More>Application Manager>All, the apps are listed alphabetically. Going to the Application Manager via Settings>More>Storage>Used space>Applications>All, the apps are listed by size, starting with the largest. This might be a better route to go when trying to free up memory.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a similar problem.

But in the software update screen, I have a grayed out "continue update" option that I can't tap.

I have enough free space, I have cleared and dumped everything I have found listed anywhere, everything short of the factory reset, and I can't get anywhere.

When I run the "check for update", it tells me everything is up to date (I am still at 4.4.4).

Any more ideas?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

What's the model number of your phone?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@jlbriggs wrote:
I have a similar problem.

But in the software update screen, I have a grayed out "continue update" option that I can't tap.

I have enough free space, I have cleared and dumped everything I have found listed anywhere, everything short of the factory reset, and I can't get anywhere.

When I run the "check for update", it tells me everything is up to date (I am still at 4.4.4).

Any more ideas?

I suggest you take your phone to a Samsung Experience Center in Best Buy and have them flash the upgrade for you.  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

well I just tried that (freeing 3GB) and Software Update said my S4 is up-to-date ... with Android 4.4.4! ...  

😞 Man Sad

now I have to wait another 24 hours before trying again

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

@ConsumerDave wrote:

well I just tried that (freeing 3GB) and Software Update said my S4 is up-to-date ... with Android 4.4.4! ...  

😞 Man Sad

now I have to wait another 24 hours before trying again

If you're being told that your S4 is currently up to date, and you're running 4.4.4, you may need to backup your data and do a factory reset, or take your phone to a Samsung Experience Center inside a Best Buy store, and have them flash the update for you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.