For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Raechel2016's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 5th, 2015 5:33 PM

Can AT&T unlock a non-AT&T phone?

I was told the phone I am trying to unlock is compatible with AT&T but however, I got an email stating that you can't unlock it or provide me with an unlock code because the phone isn't AT&T. I spoke with customer service last week and she said I could unlock this device. Please let me know what you can do.
Also, I am looking into a Samsung Galaxy Note. Do they take the MicroSim or the normal size sim?
Thank you for your time I would appreciate you for emailing me back with some answers.
Your Friend and AT&T customer,
Raechel

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Raechel2016 wrote:
I was told the phone I am trying to unlock is compatible with AT&T but however, I got an email stating that you can't unlock it or provide me with an unlock code because the phone isn't AT&T. I spoke with customer service last week and she said I could unlock this device. Please let me know what you can do.
Also, I am looking into a Samsung Galaxy Note. Do they take the MicroSim or the normal size sim?
Thank you for your time I would appreciate you for emailing me back with some answers.
Your Friend and AT&T customer,
Raechel Risener.

It sounds like you are trying to unlock the phone so that you can use it on AT&T. If that is the case, then no AT&T can not unlock it. They can only unlock phones that are locked to AT&T's network, they can not unlock phones locked to some other carrier.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can at&t unlock a cricket phone

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@4Korners wrote:

Can at&t unlock a cricket phone

No.

Cricket unlocks Cricket phones.      (Substitute any other carrier name for cricket) 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.