For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
d.charles's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 3:51 PM

Visual Voicemail for S8

When will visual voicemail be available for the S8? Currently, the play store says the current app is incompatible with the S8.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Hank42 wrote:

Hmm...As much as I like the S8, I'll gladly return it and hang onto my S5. Who actually listens to voicemail these days?  

Why are we taking steps backwards?

if you can find this apk you could side load it.  Its working on my S8+ but I copied all my stuff from my pixel xl.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.mobile.android.vvm&hl=en&rdid=com.att.mobile.android.vvm

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks GLIMMERMAN76 - That worked!! Phew!!! Nice save!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Just switched from Windows since AT&T no longer supports or offers windows phones. Got the new S8+. Visual Voicemail was not working. (By the way, "Visual by nature means that it transcribes the message into text!) I spent 30 minutes with tech support and after trying several things the guy comes back and says "Oh the S8+ does not support Visual Voicemail"! So I look at my bill and see that I am being charged for VVM. Most if not all of the Apps on the Play Store require payment for premium services. How could this be? Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Haredog wrote:

Just switched from Windows since AT&T no longer supports or offers windows phones. Got the new S8+. Visual Voicemail was not working. (By the way, "Visual by nature means that it transcribes the message into text!) I spent 30 minutes with tech support and after trying several things the guy comes back and says "Oh the S8+ does not support Visual Voicemail"! So I look at my bill and see that I am being charged for VVM. Most if not all of the Apps on the Play Store require payment for premium services. How could this be? Any suggestions?

read what I posted below....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I get a message saying this app isn't compatible with my device (S8).

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@DenverGrl wrote:
I get a message saying this app isn't compatible with my device (S8).

as I said find the apk and sideload it...  It transferred from my pixel xl so I didnt have to worry about it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Actually I had the google g1 because the rotten fruit phone did nothing for me as a programmer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Its not compatible with S8. I just went to app store. It says was compatible with my S7 Edge but not my S8

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

ATT version of VVM is showing the number and then watching the play button as the message plays instead of having to call the VM directly. I found this out the hard way after switching from Sprint where it typed the message.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've had the S8 for 4 months. The VVM has always worked, until yesterday and the app is just gone. And now it's a pain in the a** to check my vm. And u cant tell if u habe a new vm without having to do 2 steps first to even see that u have a new one. Then 2 more steps to listen to it. DUMB
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.